When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Baxter Parp said:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-39507794

German MEP Elmar Brok says Scotland rejoining EU 'could be speedy'

Bit by bit the bullshit's getting washed away.

It absolutely suits the EU to make sure Scotland is promised a straightforward entry to either the EU or just EFTA. It significantly weakens the UK negotiating hand if there is a good chance of independence in Scotland.

http://www.thenational.scot/news/15206139.Top_Spanish_MEP_attacks_UK_for_keeping_Scotland_out_of_EU/

The key comment for me was not the Spanish MEP's but Labour's David Martin "predicting the UK will no longer exist unless a “flexible and imaginative” Brexit solution is found for Scotland. In an interview later on, he suggested he would support independence in a referendum held after the next UK and Scottish Parliament elections."

10 minutes ago, Ross. said:

It absolutely suits the EU to make sure Scotland is promised a straightforward entry to either the EU or just EFTA. It significantly weakens the UK negotiating hand if there is a good chance of independence in Scotland.

I agree. I think the EU will want to make themselves inclusive, while the UK continues to make itself exclusive.

49 minutes ago, kirkyblue2 said:

Is the political agreement there?

Well no, nothing can happen until Scotland is independent. What I am noticing though, is that the EU are slowly letting out little drips of info about where Scotland stands.

And it is looking pretty good.

Forcing rape survivors to disclose their abuse just to avoid losing tax credits.

Taking benefits from bereaved families.

This is reality of the UK under a Tory Government, and there is no sign of it ending in the next decade and a half at least.

Let's get the f**k out of here, eh?

If child tax credits are only to be given for the first and second child, then it seems like a very fair idea to give additional credits for a third child if conception has been due to rape. I'm sure we can all agree on that.

I don't quite get the outrage at the policy. In what way should a woman have to inform the relevant people the child was conceived through rape? Is there a 'better way' than filling in a form? Genuinely looking for informed responses as I'm not quite getting the uproar

3 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

If child tax credits are only to be given for the first and second child, then it seems like a very fair idea to give additional credits for a third child if conception has been due to rape. I'm sure we can all agree on that.

I don't quite get the outrage at the policy. In what way should a woman have to inform the relevant people the child was conceived through rape? Is there a 'better way' than filling in a form? Genuinely looking for informed responses as I'm not quite getting the uproar

Supporting all kids rather than just two per family.  Apparently they grow up and pay taxes.  Who knew?

3 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

I thought the anger was with the 'rape clause', not the reduction to CTC only being paid for the first two children? (although you could obviously disagree with that as well)

In my case it's both.  Women who have been raped and subsequently have a child should not have to jump through hoops to get state support. Putting a two-child limit on CTCs is brainless and short-sighted.