When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

29 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Guesswork, speculation or conjecture? 

There is no queue for gaining membership to the EU, just a requirement to meet criteria like good governance, fair justice system, economic factors etc. We already met them all in 2014, the only delay would have been sorting out the divorce settlement with rUK. After rUK invoked article 50 I have no doubt we would have been fast tracked back in if we hadn't been already. So rational conjecture.

Edited by welshbairn

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Nothing will change until we actually leave the EU imo

Thing is I don't think anything will change when we leave theE.U.   The Yes vote was at 44.7% in 2014, I suspect its still at 44.7% as every good poll (48%ish) is normally followed by a 43er.   Sadly I don't see how campaigning and rehashing old arguments will change things.     

Would be delighted to be wrong, though.  

8 minutes ago, PB 4.2 said:

Thing is I don't think anything will change when we leave theE.U.   The Yes vote was at 44.7% in 2014, I suspect its still at 44.7% as every good poll (48%ish) is normally followed by a 43er.   Sadly I don't see how campaigning and rehashing old arguments will change things.     

Would be delighted to be wrong, though.  

They could make the arguments better. The campaign for the last indyref simply wasn't aggressive enough and therefore, wasn't even close to being good enough.

I don't have the confidence that they'll do that though.

1 minute ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

They could make the arguments better. The campaign for the last indyref simply wasn't aggressive enough and therefore, wasn't even close to being good enough.

You also need folk who're willing to change their mind.    Can't help but feel even the 'middle ground' ain't for changing.  

46 minutes ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

You misspelled “simpler”. People apparently don’t want better arguments; sadly, they want simplistic arguments, slathered on buses. Aggression, though, has always been a weak point of the sovereignty movement. 

Aye, must be great to see your country determined to be fucked all ways by England eh? All that nasty wealth going down to those who are genetically programmed to make political decisions.

Taking the news well I see. Should have put forward a better, more specific argument for how it would have become utopia after independence IMHO.

Keep on enjoying The Journey anyway.

You also need folk who're willing to change their mind.    Can't help but feel even the 'middle ground' ain't for changing.  
The things that blew it last time was Salmond's waffle and obfuscation on currency and the EU. The EU won't be a problem next time as they'll be making sweet mood music about welcoming us in. The currency thing needs clarity, a Scottish Bawbee that will initially track the pound whether the BofE likes it or not, probably leading to floatation when the situation is stabilised.

35 minutes ago, Mastermind said:

Taking the news well I see. Should have put forward a better, more specific argument for how it would have become utopia after independence IMHO.

Keep on enjoying The Journey anyway.

You don’t like “better, specific arguments” in favour of leaving politics unions. You like the deluded promises and fantasies of the likes of Johnson and Mogg.

And what journey are we on? 

So it’s still NO Gents, if the SNP can’t make a case for Independence in the current climate at Westminster they never will. Bring on the 2nd Ref now, and let’s put this divisive nonsense to bed forever. The SNP couldn’t run a pub raffle, never mind the future interests and prosperity of Scotland. Their desperate, separatist, tokenist, politicking means f*ck all to most of us. The start of the end is upon Nippy and her sad band of deluded followers. They will turn on her shortly too!

So it’s still NO Gents, if the SNP can’t make a case for Independence in the current climate at Westminster they never will. Bring on the 2nd Ref now, and let’s put this divisive nonsense to bed forever. The SNP couldn’t run a pub raffle, never mind the future interests and prosperity of Scotland. Their desperate, separatist, tokenist, politicking means f*ck all to most of us. The start of the end is upon Nippy and her sad band of deluded followers. They will turn on her shortly too!

[emoji849]