When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

This type of post is typical of the Unionists, they think that by attacking the SNP they seem to gain something, well we all know how that went for Dross who spent his whole campaign continually sniping at Nicola and the SNP, what did he gain? 

The SNP got a fourth Holyrood 5 year term on the back of a landslide with an increased vote and they are still the third largest party in Westminster.

So what does that tell us? well it shows that regardless of the shite and lies the tory party and unionists throw at the SNP it means hee haw to the Independence voter.

The SNP membership has increased five fold since the 2014 referendum to a figure of 125,000, and that's where the likes of Dross needs to spend time, recognising the Independence movement and questioning why, instead he and the rest come up with the same old tired arguments that the SNP and it's membership totally ignore.

Attacking the SNP as we saw achieves absolutely nothing but conversely increases it's vote share., and the Independence movement continually gathers pace.

Sandy, you’ll be delighted that I agree with you that we need the referendum as soon as possible and you and I can get on with our lives without sniping at each other. Boris should call Nicola’s bluff and get ‘referendum done’.

If you win, I’ll enter into the spirit of things and if I win, I’d expect you to shut up for a good long time.

Seems fair.

5 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Sandy, you’ll be delighted that I agree with you that we need the referendum as soon as possible and you and I can get on with our lives without sniping at each other. Boris should call Nicola’s bluff and get ‘referendum done’.

If you win, I’ll enter into the spirit of things and if I win, I’d expect you to shut up for a good long time.

Seems fair.

If you agree that attacking the SNP gains nothing then why bother? Maybe unionists should try a different approach, like having actual policies to share with us.

14 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

This type of post is typical of the Unionists, they think that by attacking the SNP they seem to gain something, well we all know how that went for Dross who spent his whole campaign continually sniping at Nicola and the SNP, what did he gain? 

The SNP got a fourth Holyrood 5 year term on the back of a landslide with an increased vote and they are still the third largest party in Westminster.

So what does that tell us? well it shows that regardless of the shite and lies the tory party and unionists throw at the SNP it means hee haw to the Independence voter.

The SNP membership has increased five fold since the 2014 referendum to a figure of 125,000, and that's where the likes of Dross needs to spend time, recognising the Independence movement and questioning why, instead he and the rest come up with the same old tired arguments that the SNP and it's membership totally ignore.

Attacking the SNP as we saw achieves absolutely nothing but conversely increases it's vote share., and the Independence movement continually gathers pace.

From what I can see, hardcore BritNats’ answer to rising numbers of independence supporters isn’t just “SNP bad” (though that’s the main plank); inexplicably, it’s also “MOAR UNION”. Yes, little Britons genuinely seem to think that quelling support for independence can be achieved by “strengthening” the UK (or weakening Scotland, to put it more honestly).

I can only assume they’ve given up on trying to talk independence supporters (or even sympathisers) out of Scottish statehood and into supporting the ridiculous “union”, and are now hoping just to crush them so their voices can never matter legally or constitutionally again. Better together, though, or something.

4 minutes ago, Anonapersona said:

If you agree that attacking the SNP gains nothing then why bother? Maybe unionists should try a different approach, like having actual policies to share with us.

You’ve not seen the plan to put miniature union flags on stuff?

3 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Here's a Great British banana

image.jpeg.7ff7467063e76d70aefe99f2977890d5.jpeg

Just look at how much better it is than its filthy EU equivalent

image.jpeg.6584dcb1d2e6f8f473f6d8aae80893f7.jpeg

TaKiNg bAcK cOnTrOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

I disapprove of your woke, leftist use of the word “equivalent”. The fine British banana above is clearly superior to the foreign, bent yellow stick pictured (rightfully) beneath it.

Yours,

Concerned Question Time member of the public.

4 minutes ago, Antlion said:

I disapprove of your woke, leftist use of the word “equivalent”. The fine British banana above is clearly superior to the foreign, bent yellow stick pictured (rightfully) beneath it.

Yours,

Concerned Question Time member of the public.

Fortunately, as one of Her Glorious Majesty's Inspectors of Shops, I have made it my life mission to ensure that the Great Briish Public are no longer exposed to abominations like this.

image.jpeg.152fd89025d3855fe577ec965c2e6aa1.jpeg

It has now been deported on a rendition flight to Brussels. This may seem expensive, but no price is too high to ensure that our own Great British standards are upheld.

Is it just me that doesnt really care if Scotland becomes a nato member spending 2% of GDP on defence or not? Essentially does anyone in their right mind think NATO would allow Russia to invade Scotland and have a foothold on the British Isles? I know thats an extreme scenario but the yoons seem to like playing up just how ‘vulnerable’ we are. Our strategic location means its not in NATO’s interests to refuse us the same kind of membership as Eire. Also, we could instead of a full blown army have a Gendarmerie which would be able to do humanitarian work, public order policing, border patrols etc the spending of which would more than meet the 2% threshold in any regard as cross functionality means the figures can essentially be fudged. 

4 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Fortunately, as one of Her Glorious Majesty's Inspectors of Shops, I have made it my life mission to ensure that the Great Briish Public are no longer exposed to abominations like this.

image.jpeg.152fd89025d3855fe577ec965c2e6aa1.jpeg

It has now been deported on a rendition flight to Brussels. This may seem expensive, but no price is too high to ensure that our own Great British standards are upheld.

I’d have more faith if the Pritster was shown frowning at it severely. 

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Is it just me that doesnt really care if Scotland becomes a nato member spending 2% of GDP on defence or not? Essentially does anyone in their right mind think NATO would allow Russia to invade Scotland and have a foothold on the British Isles? I know thats an extreme scenario but the yoons seem to like playing up just how ‘vulnerable’ we are. Our strategic location means its not in NATO’s interests to refuse us the same kind of membership as Eire. Also, we could instead of a full blown army have a Gendarmerie which would be able to do humanitarian work, public order policing, border patrols etc the spending of which would more than meet the 2% threshold in any regard as cross functionality means the figures can essentially be fudged. 

Iceland is in a pretty vulnerable strategic spot too. Maybe the Yoons on here can tell us just how many nukes are on their territory and whether or not they spend 2% of GDP on their military?

Iceland has been a full NATO member since 1949, according to their own Government website.

11 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Iceland is in a pretty vulnerable strategic spot too. Maybe the Yoons on here can tell us just how many nukes are on their territory and whether or not they spend 2% of GDP on their military?

Iceland has been a full NATO member since 1949, according to their own Government website.

For me Iceland is pretty much the defence model Scotland needs. 

16 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Lossiemouth is a major NATO Russian submarine tracking base involving the US, Norway and the Uk, all three use the same new  Boeing Poseidon submarine hunting planes, investment by the USA has been big.

While I want to see the removal of Faslane/Coulport nuclear missile bases from an Independent Scotland the removal of the Lossiemouth NATO situation would be a whole new scenario.

Sandy, these are the questions you’re going to face in the next referendum campaign.

Its time you guys sorted out your position.

16 hours ago, renton said:

If the rUK position is that they will force BAE and Babcock to move their operations, that will come at massive cost and huge dislocation to the timings of warship replacement. Something that is already pretty critical.

A massive cost and a much reduced risk and, with the Barnett Bonus, rUK has a bit of a cushion of ca. £12Bn per annum to ease the pain.  Of course, as I've said before, we should also use those billions to provide some relocation support to other businesses who want to escape the North of Gretna Gulag.

Mind you, your fellow Natters are doing an excellent job in gutting the tourist industry 'up there' with this wee snippet from a noted and quoted Natter journalist:

2105859095_martintourist.png.77cf038b1789fb0fb06e4b77f8ba1b62.png

So with your post and that of others we look as if we're laying down the framework for IndyRef2 and it is looking increasingly strident as an outsider looking in:

You are perfectly happy to lose British jobs
You are perfectly happy to lose British tourists

I know that rampant Anglophobia is a characteristic of our forum but is this becoming the norm in Natter Scotland?  Will this be the real debate if there is every a second independence referendum?

6 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Mind you, your fellow Natters are doing an excellent job in gutting the tourist industry 'up there' with this wee snippet from a noted and quoted Natter journalist:

2105859095_martintourist.png.77cf038b1789fb0fb06e4b77f8ba1b62.png

Martin is an arsehole and I don't agree with her xenophobic undercurrents here, but she's right about the overtourism.

Fortunately, I already solved the issue a couple of weeks back in the event of Scotland ascending to full statehood.

On 09/05/2021 at 13:48, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Edinburgh to be stripped of capital city status and the city centre to be walled up and designated as a heavily taxed safe zone for proud north Brits and a theme park for tourists.

19 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
19 hours ago, NotThePars said:
These were men wae a trade

Armadildo

A dildo in Thatcher's dead arse.