Darwins's Law - Selfie Stick

21 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Not so much Darwin awards but the fact he plunged all the way to his death and then the parachute opened thats just shit out of luck but he does film them and post them online:

https://news.sky.com/story/german-base-jumper-dominik-loyen-dies-in-portugal-after-parachute-fails-11560553

2018-11-22-20-26-18-1492971655.jpeg

33 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Not so much Darwin awards but the fact he plunged all the way to his death and then the parachute opened thats just shit out of luck but he does film them and post them online:

https://news.sky.com/story/german-base-jumper-dominik-loyen-dies-in-portugal-after-parachute-fails-11560553

Cock-up at the parachute / airbag factory imo.

11 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

This is exactly the reason I’ll never go skydiving. All it takes is someone to pack your parachute wrong or a failure like in the above and you’ve got a horrendous couple of minutes knowing you’re plummeting to your death.

12 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

I saw the video on YouTube (it’s from a distance so not too gory). The lad face-plants 300ft into some rocks. One of his companions shouts down “are you alright?”. As rhetorical questions go...

4 hours ago, Deontay WildPar said:

I saw the video on YouTube (it’s from a distance so not too gory). The lad face-plants 300ft into some rocks. One of his companions shouts down “are you alright?”. As rhetorical questions go...

I’m not going to watch it, but surely faceplanting into rocks from that height will essentially explode your head?

Shouting down "are you alright" after he has hit the rocks several times on the way down  landed on the rocks below and his parachute opens after he has stopped plummeting maybe just isn't the done thing or quite possibly the daftest someone has said

Shouting down "are you alright" after he has hit the rocks several times on the way down  landed on the rocks below and his parachute opens after he has stopped plummeting maybe just isn't the done thing or quite possibly the daftest someone has said

I remember thinking similar when the helicopter of the Leicester chairman crashed.

Social media was awash with people writing “I hope no one was seriously injured” and “Hope everyone is ok”. At the time I was reading it, it was established that it had crashed and burst into flames and clear that nobody was surviving that, so why the f**k would you write that???

15 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I remember thinking similar when the helicopter of the Leicester chairman crashed.

Social media was awash with people writing “I hope no one was seriously injured” and “Hope everyone is ok”. At the time I was reading it, it was established that it had crashed and burst into flames and clear that nobody was surviving that, so why the f**k would you write that???

Because they have lost the ability to think and can only make automated responses on social media.  

When I heard the news I looked it up on Twitter, saw some of the pics and videos, and instantly thought nobody was getting out of that. Amazed that anyone could think there was a chance of surviving it.

When I heard the news I looked it up on Twitter, saw some of the pics and videos, and instantly thought nobody was getting out of that. Amazed that anyone could think there was a chance of surviving it.

Thinking about that crash, you hope they died instantly when the copter slammed into the ground. The thought of burning to death strapped to a seat...... not a nice way to go.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

David agreed to film him as he swam around the whirlpool.

He was wearing a rubber horse’s head, a prop he thought would make the video more eyecatching on YouTube.

"It's safe as now, though."  ...

wrong.gif.4907035fb137d821ab3613df2de5cf1d.gif

Edited by Hedgecutter