Terrible films.... that you enjoy watching.

Biggles: Adventures In Time

A New York yuppie from the 1980s and a WW1 fighter ace become time twins, whereby they are able to travel through time when the other is in mortal danger. Together they battle the dastardly Germans and foil their attempts at creating a super weapon.

This film is utterly atrocious, ridiculous nonsense, but I've watched it about 20 times and never get bored.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Chronicles of Riddick - Could have been much much better, however you just can't get enough of Richard B. Probably could have been better in two parts with a bit more detail and improved dialogue rather than giving the impression that it was hurried, over done and giving off a completely different atmosphere than the first film Pitch Black which was excellent. They should have kept that winning formula.

The follow up Riddick was decent enough in the first half of that film as Riddick tried to survive on the planet. The character Richard B. Riddick has a complex layered personality and is well thought out by both the writers and actor Vin Diesel who has said he enjoys this role more than any other. Problem is you don't get that depth of character with many of the main cast in the second or third film especially the third one where Riddick's friend that jackel from hell had more personality than the humans (mercs) characters who came across as cliched and unimaginative.

Imagine if Riddick's universe was the same one as Alien. :huh:

I'll watch Dracula Dead and Loving It if it's on despite the fact it's pretty shit. Have watched a fair few Underworld and Resident Evil films despite their general pishness too.

The 9th Gate. A really stupid Johnny Depp effort about someone looking for books supposedly partly written by the Devil.

I've seen it, or parts of it, maybe 6 times whenever it's on telly. I can't justify this, but will probably watch it again.

Archived