The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

4 hours ago, Stu said:

Easy unless you're Ally McCoist.

Didn't find anything that special about Rangers' style of play last season but Have to remember Warburton is the greatest thing since sliced bread (pun intended) going by the media.

We beat them twice at home and felt robbed twice at Ibrox.

The 1st game really stung as the referee was straight out a lodge.

10 minutes ago, mjw said:

Keith Jackson having a debate with someone on twitter about the media hard on for the bigot derby.
He's not winning so trys to shut it down accusing the guy of being filled with hate.
Poor show as the guy was polite and making decent points.

Are you allowed to disagree with greatest journalist on the planet Jackson?

Tragic reporting from the Hamilton v Saints Match by Kenny Macdonald in the Scottish Sun this morning. 

It's all Deidco FC. and Sellik thanks to Donati. 

Absolutely pitiful. 

I'm amazed in the whole article about our savior they never even make reference to the fact he (the almighty) was a former city trader, glad we've got him in Scotland, out hibsing hibs and losing more often than Falkirk really is the sign of such a quality manager is "Jonathan McFarlane" warbs in disguise topping up his Ibrox salary 

On 22/07/2016 at 11:07, Patrick Bateman said:

Just add this Steve character to the long list of people utterly rattled by wee diddy Hamilton Academical. Pleasing.

Do you ever post about anything else Steve? I'd be very interested in sampling your work.

Yes, I do post about other jokey topics occasionally. 

If you are "very interested" in sampling my work, please feel free to visit my profile page, you can see all of my gold there. 

Big_Bad_Steve.

Media reporting that Celtic have checked into an Airport. 

Also a Celtic player won't be checking in as he has an injured thumb. 

Meanwhile there are a stack of Scottish Matches getting played on Tuesday and Wednesday which, on the whole, are getting ignored. 

I've always wondered what the hard on was for Celtic and Rangers checking into airports was.  Utterly bizarre from the media.  Surely you let them get over there then interview them when they're training etc?

8 minutes ago, weejoeharper said:

There is so much wrong with our society when we honour those people with media attention. Barton has stubbed out a cigar in his colleagues eye ffs. Not to mention the other equally appalling stuff. Role model? Perhaps for govan. It's so sad!

He allows them to aspire to smoking cigars rather than cigarettes.

There is so much wrong with our society when we honour those people with media attention. Barton has stubbed out a cigar in his colleagues eye ffs. Not to mention the other equally appalling stuff. Role model? Perhaps for govan. It's so sad!

In all fairness, the Sun is written for and by absolute scum so it's no surprise that they're honouring Joey Barton.

7 hours ago, Adam101 said:

I'm amazed in the whole article about our savior they never even make reference to the fact he (the almighty) was a former city trader, glad we've got him in Scotland, out hibsing hibs and losing more often than Falkirk really is the sign of such a quality manager is "Jonathan McFarlane" warbs in disguise topping up his Ibrox salary 

Johnny McFarlane does the Fitba Hacks podcast which is usually a good listen. His articles for Record's blogs are hilarious though, his one after the cup final was outstanding.

"years of darkness", in which a large chunk of clubs have improved their debts to the point where its barely noticeable while others are now in the control of the fans. We now sit with the most money in the bank we ever have at ~£2.5m 

39 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

"years of darkness", in which a large chunk of clubs have improved their debts to the point where its barely noticeable while others are now in the control of the fans. We now sit with the most money in the bank we ever have at ~£2.5m 

We are in a very similar boat although 1 league Down. I do wonder though what the point of the cash is if we don't plan on using it.

What is earmarked for St Johnstones rainy day fund?

55 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

We are in a very similar boat although 1 league Down. I do wonder though what the point of the cash is if we don't plan on using it.

What is earmarked for St Johnstones rainy day fund?

We're keeping it for when we're, inevitably, relegated again, whether that be next season or ten seasons later. Probably building it up again after what happened with Setanta aswell. I think we have a set figure we're trying to achieve, or will be trying to stay at.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We're keeping it for when we're, inevitably, relegated again, whether that be next season or ten seasons later..

We are doing the opposite. Why use it to get out this league when you can get comfy and count it.

3 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

We are doing the opposite. Why use it to get out this league when you can get comfy and count it.

TBH you're probably doing the right thing, when you eventually come back up you'll have the financial stability to offer some fairly good contracts, which will help keep you there. Worst thing would be to spunk it all on promotion and then fail.