The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

Reading through the match reports in yesterday's sun (I know), and I got to the st Johnstone Stirling Albion game report, and the reporter - Robert Thomson was spunking so hard on ex rangers player Maclean playing man city, that he forgot to mention the match he was supposed to be reporting on. This boils my piss! My first post by the way. Am I allowed to say spunking?

The games next week accordingly to the BBC,

Tuesday 9th August 2016

Close BETFRED CUP - GROUP B
Show last 5 matches and coverage Fixture Kick-off Status
Show

AlloavInverness CT

19:30  
Show

Dundee UtdvPartick Thistle

19:45  
Show

HamiltonvMorton

Show

HibernianvQueen of Sth

Show

RangersvPeterhead

Wednesday 10th August 2016

Close BETFRED CUP - GROUP B
Show last 5 matches and coverage Fixture Kick-off Status
Show

AyrvAberdeen

Show

CelticvMotherwell

Show

St JohnstonevHearts

That Group B could be tight.

Edited by MEADOWXI

5 hours ago, bazdons said:

This boils my piss! My first post by the way. Am I allowed to say spunking?

Yes, you'll fit in here just fine.

1 hour ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

If you're going to reference that rag, please post at least some of the article to give us an idea of how rubbish it is and save us clicking on the link and giving them the idea that anyone is really interested in reading the pish they write.

Thanks.

5 minutes ago, s_dog said:

If you're going to reference that rag, please post at least some of the article to give us an idea of how rubbish it is and save us clicking on the link and giving them the idea that anyone is really interested in reading the pish they write.

Thanks.

Synopsis: Someone with the writing style of a 10 year old lists the bookies' odds for the August Manager Of The Month Award.

Can't find it online but today's Record had two folk arguing for and against the new League Cup format. The first few paragraphs of the "against" article were claiming that our big clubs get embarrassed in Europe because we don't start the season too early, so why are we starting the season earlier so more big clubs can get embarrassed? Didn't read any further, although I'm sure the likes of Killie and Dundee are delighted the Record now see them as big clubs.

Also, considering they try to engineer the transfer of any half decent player in Scotland to one of the Old Firm for buttons, I had to laugh at the brass neck of this: "English clubs show no respect to Scottish football with derisory bids and it's time for change" www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/english-clubs-show-no-respect-8544795

7 minutes ago, Stu said:

Can't find it online but today's Record had two folk arguing for and against the new League Cup format. The first few paragraphs of the "against" article were claiming that our big clubs get embarrassed in Europe because we don't start the season too early, so why are we starting the season earlier so more big clubs can get embarrassed? Didn't read any further, although I'm sure the likes of Killie and Dundee are delighted the Record now see them as big clubs.

Also, considering they try to engineer the transfer of any half decent player in Scotland to one of the Old Firm for buttons, I had to laugh at the brass neck of this: "English clubs show no respect to Scottish football with derisory bids and it's time for change" www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/english-clubs-show-no-respect-8544795

That guy is blatently gutted that the best talent up here now seem to prefer to go down south than sign for one of the Old Firm, whichever one he will support.  I can guarantee if his club got Magennis for £100,000 he would've never written that piece.

7 minutes ago, Stu said:

"English clubs show no respect to Scottish football with derisory bids and it's time for change" www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/english-clubs-show-no-respect-8544795

Down here yesterday the back pages were full of how European clubs take the piss out of English clubs with transfer fees.

Apparently when English clubs are shopping in Europe the prices are jacked up anything up to 50% in comparison to selling to other mainland European clubs :lol: Only fair then that the English clubs try to save money when shopping in Scotland :lol: 

We really should have a thread purely for the BBC's f**k ups.

Click on Scottish Football > Fixtures there's never a mention of Euro ties. Apparently the Cumbernauld v Hamilton U20's is the only Scottish game on tonight then there's no other match until Saturday. Do the same on the main site Football > Fixtures and you get the lot.

Again, it's basic stuff that lot can't get right.

27 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

We really should have a thread purely for the BBC's f**k ups.

Click on Scottish Football > Fixtures there's never a mention of Euro ties. Apparently the Cumbernauld v Hamilton U20's is the only Scottish game on tonight then there's no other match until Saturday. Do the same on the main site Football > Fixtures and you get the lot.

Again, it's basic stuff that lot can't get right.

To be fair to the BBC, the European fixtures are always kept separately (just as they are on betting websites and other sources such as Sky Sports) and it is the same for English fixtures when there are European games on. 

The BBC pundits have made their pre-season predictions and it's everything you'd expect: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36945066

Pat Bonner with more of his usual nonsense with Partick Thistle once again "fighting relegation". That's Thistle, who finished 10 points clear of Killie last season. Of course, Bonner knows f**k all about anyone but Celtic that his player to watch is Tony Watt - topped by Willie "I don't do research" Miller's player to watch being the barely heard of... Niall McGinn.

And even though it's more than a decade since he left and Ibrox and played for three more clubs after that, Steven Thompson is obviously referred to as a former Rangers striker - although I'll let them away with that if they mean he was a striker at former Rangers.

Yeah, apparently Barrie Mckay has started the season well, despite it not having started yet.
I assume he means the glorified friendlies of the Betfred cup (which I like, but they're clearly warm up games), in which case Marvin Johnson is looking like a PoTY contender.

42 minutes ago, Richie said:

Yeah, apparently Barrie Mckay has started the season well, despite it not having started yet.
I assume he means the glorified friendlies of the Betfred cup (which I like, but they're clearly warm up games), in which case Marvin Johnson is looking like a PoTY contender.

And Scott Boden is getting the fucking Ballon d'Or.

46 minutes ago, Richie said:

You've got a point there tbf, none of the bet Fred teams we played really amounted to much so we treated them like friendlies/ kickaboots.

1 hour ago, Richie said:

Maybe the former Rangers striker tag was fair enough after all.

Please come onto the Saints forum and say the league cup games were friendlies. Some rather excitable/simple folk have been taking them very seriously. I'm somewhere in between - annoyed we're out but won't be too concerned if we end up with a good start in the league.

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Maybe the former Rangers striker tag was fair enough after all.

Please come onto the Saints forum and say the league cup games were friendlies. Some rather excitable/simple folk have been taking them very seriously. I'm somewhere in between - annoyed we're out but won't be too concerned if we end up with a good start in the league.

:whistle