The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

Some top trolling by the BBC this morning as a Scottish Premiership Predictor game is launched on the website, despite this weekend being, what, round 5 of fixtures? It's the exact same format and layout as the English Premiership game which started in the first week of that league. I wonder if the lunchtime game this weekend has anything to do with it. It's like they're not even trying now.

14 hours ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

It's revealing when listening to current journalists on stuff like The Fitba Hacks that next to none of them describe guys like that amongst their influences. I suppose it's a bit like how young political journalists never mention someone like Neal Ascherson but absolutely love buffoons they know personally like Euan McColm.

Hugh McIlvanney is an amazing writer but it's made even better by the fact that for some reason Piers Morgan hates him.

Latest episode of the Fitba Hacks is with that moron David Edgar who used to be the spokesman for the Rangers Supporters Trust. It's exactly what you'd expect from the gibbering fool :lol:

4 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Some top trolling by the BBC this morning as a Scottish Premiership Predictor game is launched on the website, despite this weekend being, what, round 5 of fixtures? It's the exact same format and layout as the English Premiership game which started in the first week of that league. I wonder if the lunchtime game this weekend has anything to do with it. It's like they're not even trying now.

That'll be the one using a Celtic and Rangers Int player to promote it. Well colour me stunned.

25 minutes ago, Stu said:

My word.

17 hours ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37289352

Unchallenged pish from Hartson at the end there. Fir Park doesn't even hold 18,000.

John seems like a decent guy but imagine thinking a stadium you played in and visited repeatedly is that much bigger than it actually is. 

Motherwell average league att. at Fir Park. 4,588.  John Hartson wrong by 88.

Celtic average league att. at Fir Park. 9,005.  John Hartson wrong by 8,995.

So Hartson has exaggerated Celtic's influence on attendance by 50%.  Kind like someone asking you how tall you are and saying "I'm 12 feet tall".

He was standing next to Neil Doncaster, so it might be that stupidity is contagious. 

42 minutes ago, Stu said:

'Who watches the German League'?

Millions of folk John, you knob.

3 hours ago, Stu said:

Latest episode of the Fitba Hacks is with that moron David Edgar who used to be the spokesman for the Rangers Supporters Trust. It's exactly what you'd expect from the gibbering fool :lol:

That's a pretty extreme example, though. The rest of it is a who's who of Scottish football journalism, and none of them seem that interested in writing. Jackson, unsurprisingly, goes as far as to say that actually being able to write isn't that important, which is probably why it's such a playground for thick dickheads.

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Fucking hell.

I stopped reading after it said he should have joined Burnley or West Brom. That will be the West Brom who is managed by a complete dinosaur who has destroyed a decent young English talent in Berahinio.

14 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Fucking hell.

I stopped reading after it said he should have joined Burnley or West Brom. That will be the West Brom who is managed by a complete dinosaur who has destroyed a decent young English talent in Berahinio.

Former EPL manager of the year? Berahino has acted like a spoilt brat.