The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

As bad as it is, it doesn't tell the whole story.

Scotzine is a moron, who argues with other morons on Twitter.

They would trade insults, Scotzine would taunt them "is that all you've got", so the other guy would up the anti and get more personal, he would taunt them some more "is that all you've got, is that supposed to hurt my feelings" to the point where, as morons do, they would say something extremely offensive and he would lose the plot about how they were bringing his family into it.

I don't defend either side but if you poke a hornet's nest don't play the victim when one stings you. If you know someone is a moron then block and ignore them, rather than antagonising them into offending you.

His website was shite anyway. He's only known by anyone because of his meltdowns on Twitter (and here). 

Almost a c&p of the apologist pish posted by the 3 amigos on the BRALT yesterday.
Well done.

5 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Nigel Quashie did become captain when Jackie McNamara was subbed off against Sweden - James McFadden then took over as captain from Quashie late on when he was injured.

Nigel Quashie was a very decent player for Scotland.  Him being captain shouldn't be a surprise, although it is.

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

As far as I can tell, Dunty has got this about right.

Obviously, the remarks Scotzine alleges receiving are utterly indefensible.  That doesn't however impact on the fact that he's a tool.

A journalism thread, only Andrew just pretends to be a journalist.

'Captain Darren Ferguson and Robert Snodgrass, who scored a hat-trick in Malta, seem certain starters in central midfielder, but Barry Bannan and McArthur are joisting for a holding role while no less than four wingers are pushing for starts because of recent form.'

Good work from the BBC

As far as I can tell, Dunty has got this about right.

Obviously, the remarks Scotzine alleges receiving are utterly indefensible.  That doesn't however impact on the fact that he's a tool.

A journalism thread, only Andrew just pretends to be a journalist.

Terrible posters thread for this pish.

2 hours ago, Stirlingblue said:

'Captain Darren Ferguson and Robert Snodgrass, who scored a hat-trick in Malta, seem certain starters in central midfielder, but Barry Bannan and McArthur are joisting for a holding role while no less than four wingers are pushing for starts because of recent form.'

Good work from the BBC

Fair play to Strachan, that's a bold choice for captain. An uncapped 44 year old, who hasn't played for almost a decade.

3 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

IMG_1475936657.345335.jpg

IMG_1475936681.406383.jpg

Is that No David Clarkson.

Yes it is. I wonder if these useless c***s get warnings or any sort of disciplinary action for not getting the absolute basics of their job right. Doubt it.

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

Yes it is. I wonder if these useless c***s get warnings or any sort of disciplinary action for not getting the absolute basics of their job right. Doubt it.

In fairness, that'll be filed the photo department and whoever the photo editor is (who has no reason to know who Gary Irvine is) will just have picked the best picture of who he is informed is Gary Irvine.

Those of you whose team ever signed either Mark McCulloch or Marc McCulloch, or one of the 17 Steven Fergusons will know that the stock photographs are full of errors.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

In fairness, that'll be filed the photo department and whoever the photo editor is (who has no reason to know who Gary Irvine is) will just have picked the best picture of who he is informed is Gary Irvine.

Those of you whose team ever signed either Mark McCulloch or Marc McCulloch, or one of the 17 Steven Fergusons will know that the stock photographs are full of errors.

I don't get this. 

How do you inform someone who a player is and how does this photo editor go about getting a picture of a person who he has no idea who they are? Why would you put a name to a picture if you're not certain who it is? 

I can maybe just about understand confusing players with similar names but the only thing Gary Irvine and David Clarkson have in common is that they have both played for Dundee. 

I don't get this. 

How do you inform someone who a player is and how does this photo editor go about getting a picture of a person who he has no idea who they are? Why would you put a name to a picture if you're not certain who it is? 

I can maybe just about understand confusing players with similar names but the only thing Gary Irvine and David Clarkson have in common is that they have both played for Dundee. 

The photos will be digitally captioned by the photographer who took them then sent in, where the picture editor will use that caption as the basis of the caption that goes on the page.

For some reason the BBC takes absolutely ages to get the HL scores through. Like, an hour or more after full time. They usually do though, and I just checked. All right, but got the strathspey score reversed.
Some progress I suppose...

Wouldn't mind them taking time to get the results through but wish that wouldn't state the scores are FT results when they're not. They could just keep them marked as latest scores until confirmed.

Wouldn't mind them taking time to get the results through but wish that wouldn't state the scores are FT results when they're not. They could just keep them marked as latest scores until confirmed.

Absolutely. And what's so annoying is the fact that until last season they were fine!