The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

It is a total subversion of what remembrance is supposed to be about, every year we were told it is the fallen from all sides, from all wars and absolutely not just our guys we were taking a moment to remember, pause and reflect upon.  Sevco are far from the only offenders here but as far as I am concerned everyone from those who wear the jewel encrusted broaches to the massive poppies on trucks can f**k the fucking f**k off. It's not red nose day, it's not armed forces day and it is isn't a British National Party rally.

While I disagree with those that may not wish to participate, their right to do so is paramount and all absolute cretins like Chris Jack are doing is making it a OF thing and no doubt more brain donors from both arse cheeks will f**k up this solemn and actually very powerful tradition of ours even more than it has been. Pah.

The poppy has been taken over by the UKIP,  BNP, Britain First bigots.

No surprised to see Rangers fans like Chris Jack clambering all over it now.

I genuinely don't understand how Chris Jack can make a career in journalism. He's a barely literateRangers fan with an HND and no discernible writing talent, and yet he's one of the higher profile hacks?

2 hours ago, Rugster said:

Does Chris Jack pretend/attempt to be in anyway neutral or is he actually the Evening Times The Rangers correspondent?

I think he's specifically supposed to cover them. He used to write a lot of articles about Thistle, but doesn't seem to any more now.

You'd think a journalist should at least try and remain a wee bit impartial, possibly to the point that they don't look like a total slavering bigot, but he doesn't seem to care about that. I think he reads P&B as well, so there's part of me that thinks he probably does it just to be a troll and see all the reactions.

37 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I genuinely don't understand how Chris Jack can make a career in journalism. He's a barely literateRangers fan with an HND and no discernible writing talent, and yet he's one of the higher profile hacks?

It's not what you know...

images.png

11 hours ago, dayman said:

According to Chick, Dundee were playing "a whole different ball game" against accies at the weekend.

To be fair that explains why they lost the last 6 - trying to play fucking hockey

He said "a whole different Paul game" - in light of a reporter called Paul interviewing Paul Hartley about Paul McGowan's winning goal... It was actually kinda funny.

12 hours ago, RawB93 said:

He said "a whole different Paul game" - in light of a reporter called Paul interviewing Paul Hartley about Paul McGowan's winning goal... It was actually kinda funny.

I see.

Appears to have pauled the wool over my eyes with that one then.

20 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

In my experience nepotism and endless unpaid internships or volunteering are valued far more by employers than having an actual brain or decent qualifications.

Edited by Malcolm Malcolm

bbc, 5 Nov: "Record turnover amid dons warning"

The beeb managing to spin an entirely positive set of results and plans, expressed with a prudent and realistic disclaimer as somehow being mainly bad news.

There might be significant challenges around raising £20-£25m for a stadium. That isn't a warning. It is pretty obvious to most sentient humans.

Why not just say "Record turnover and profits again for Scotland's most successful* team"

*European.

We just finished second in the UK wide "best hospitality awards", with Man City the only club in Britain with better. Arsenal and Liverpool were the other finalists, but finished below us.

I expect we'll get some form of coverage about such a feat...

59 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We just finished second in the UK wide "best hospitality awards", with Man City the only club in Britain with better. Arsenal and Liverpool were the other finalists, but finished below us.

I expect we'll get some form of coverage about such a feat...

Put it in the honours list.

Hearts would