The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

It came up on open all mikes, the question which when asked what he had been sent off for, willie miller said was "too hard" to work out what had happened.

Really? I'd imagine Willie Miller would find it "too hard" to spell his own name.

Could have sworn Dundee finished the game with 11 players and Carreiro.....

They carried on with it for a while though....the guy reporting it was stumbling with his words like someone was mouthing him what to say...was he even there?

It was the Press Association person at Dens that got it wrong - and pretty much everything on the BBC except the match report is based on PA data. Same with Soccer Saturday's vidiprinter.

The summary of the game will have been automatically generated, following a set template based on what's happened according to the live feed.

His page is an embarrassing mess every week. Old-firm obsessed nonsense.

Yup. It's essential Sunday reading though.

Old Firm - great, everyone else in Scottish football - bad. That's oor Davie in a nutshell.

I don't think I've ever read anything positive about our game, ever. He uses his column to laugh and sneer at us, laughably drawing comparison with the English Premier League.

He's an absolute cretin.

Davie Provan used his column to blame the SFA for the weather problems which delayed the team's chartered flight. 'The Germans wouldn't allow such things to happen'.

Paul Lambert - he'd know, he once played in Germany, don't you know - says the same in today's Scotsman.

Apparently the Germans are more professional, have their own plane, and don't allow these sort of things to happen. Presumably it's Thunderbird 2.

His point was that the Germans (and Irish, and Scottish club sides) keep the plane in the Country throughout the teams stay there, so they can just hop on it ASAP.

The SFA didnt do that and sent the plane away, and it was when the plane was coming back to the airport to pick up the players that it got caught in problems. So instead of being able to hop onto the plane and just fly off, they were stuck waiting in the departure lounge for it to show up.

Its entirely the SFAs fault that, and its one of the few times I actually agree with his point.

How does he get to provide 'expert opinions'. Spoils every match comentory. Never gives diddy teams any credit but blames the Celtic board for any defeats

Well he's at some local paper in Dundee now, so don't worry About it.

Ach, they've said Forres 3 times, and one wee bit says Forrest. Bound to be mistakes with all the w@nking over Rooney and England

I'm stumped as to why he's posted it - the cynic in me thinks he just wanted to get his shite puns in to be honest.

Posting genuine mistakes like that will never help us get to the root cause of the journalistic problems faced in this country