The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

A pal on Twitter pointed this out from the Daily Record article:

Paul Paton might have been relegated with Dundee United last season but there was a marked improvement in the Tannadice club when he returned from his injury. Keith Watson adds depth at right-back and Michael Coulson comes as a bit of an unknown, and might not be a regular in the current squad.

A quick check of Wiki reveals this lad has played over 300 games in England so not really an unknown. Okay not everyone will have heard of the lad but he's more known than some of the young lads signed by Rangers that's for sure.

Fucking morons.

1 hour ago, resk said:

The normally half decent Off The Ball contained the following mintertastic assertions today:

1) The chances of both Scottish teams remaining in Europe are "hanging by a thread" (both drew 1-1 in their first leg games)
2) Dundee reaching the European Cup semi final was the greatest European achievement by a Scottish team outside the Old Firm.
3) Danny McGrain at his peak was the best right back in the world.

Of course it was. :lol: No denying it wasn't, Dundee had to beat some cracking teams to get there. 

2 hours ago, resk said:

The normally half decent Off The Ball contained the following mintertastic assertions today:

1) The chances of both Scottish teams remaining in Europe are "hanging by a thread" (both drew 1-1 in their first leg games)
2) Dundee reaching the European Cup semi final was the greatest European achievement by a Scottish team outside the Old Firm.
3) Danny McGrain at his peak was the best right back in the world.

I'd say that No 3 was spot on and at the time was generally accepted throughout European football at least

What's Provan saying today? How many of the following points did he make?

- How box-office the Old Firm are

- How the Scottish game is perceived by people in England.

- How much better English football is.

- The double decker parked at New Douglas Park

- Referring to Holyrood as "The Toytown Parliament".

- Toxic west of Scotland.

He's a laughable servile, self-loathing, old firm loving, piece of Brit-nat trash.

Davie Provan :lol:

- The double decker parked at New Douglas Park

- Referring to Holyrood as "The Toytown Parliament".

- Toxic west of Scotland.

He's a laughable servile, self-loathing, old firm loving, piece of Brit-nat trash.

Davie Provan[emoji38]

You forgot, twisted, bitter arsehole, because we "stole all his medals" .

Has never forgiven us.

c**t.

Does anyone buy a paper on a daily basis?

Generation thing but I'm nearly 50 and can't remember the last time I bought a paper.  The thought of buying a paper to see what Keith Jackson or Bill Leckie is just desperate.  I don't even bother looking at the back page in Supermarket any more.

There must be younger posters who have never bought a paper

10 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

The first 3 you've absolutely nailed :lol:

Then he went on to moan that this season or next, it'll be back to being a 2 horse race, and when is someone going to 'do a Leicester' and come from nowhere and win the title.

Generation thing but I'm nearly 50 and can't remember the last time I bought a paper.  The thought of buying a paper to see what Keith Jackson or Bill Leckie is just desperate.  I don't even bother looking at the back page in Supermarket any more.

I'm exactly the same but just as much for the dire news journalism as the sports coverage. Frankly I'm astonished that they don't have more self awareness about how poor the product is. Surely they must be noticing the decline in both circulation and ad revenue?

6 minutes ago, dogmc said:

I'm exactly the same but just as much for the dire news journalism as the sports coverage.

Count me in too. There's also the principle that actually you're buying yesterday's 'news' when I've already had today's delivered to me by the internet. 

What I can't understand is why non-Old Firm fans buy or read anything produced by the so called Scottish football media, especially when it's from the red tops. We all know what they're about and what they're going to come out so why put yourself through it? I stopped ages ago and only sometimes check the BBC website as I'm forced to finance it and I'm on it for English football anyway. Even at that the tablet comes close to being thrown away every time I'm on the so called impartial broadcasters so called Scottish football section.

I'm sure the commemorative pennant Dundee received from AC Milan before their torrid anal hammering at the San Siro has pride of place in the Dens Park trophy cabinet.*

(*Disclaimer - trophy cabinet may not contain any actual trophies.)

I'm sure the commemorative pennant Dundee received from AC Milan before their torrid anal hammering at the San Siro has pride of place in the Dens Park trophy cabinet.*

(*Disclaimer - trophy cabinet may not contain any actual trophies.)

Am I missing something here ?

Laughable interview with Scott Brown on Sky Sports.

Whos your biggest rivals for the league?

Aberdeen probably.

Yeah but what about the old firm?

Yeah they are good but there's lots of big games like with Hearts, Aberdeen etc.

Yes but Scott what about the Old firm?

c***s.

To be fair to Brown, for the past 4 years he's rightly acknowledged Rangers as a new entity. Instead of other 'Celtic minded' losers like John Hartson and Davie Provan.

I've bought a paper once but only because my photo was on the front page.
#bigtime