Heart of Midlothian v St. Johnstone, 02/08/2015

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heard Ann Budge bought a telescope from Tesco the other night and discovered an Earth like planet, but she let NASA pretend they found it as they reminded her of her grandchildren.

#ModernDayHeroes

^^^ trying too hard

Having not followed Hearts at all given they were in the lower leagues for the past while I looked up their squad today and was pleasantly surprised to see Prince Bauben and Morgaro Gormis are their dynamic midfield duo.

Having not followed Hearts at all given they were in the lower leagues for the past while I looked up their squad today and was pleasantly surprised to see Prince Bauben and Morgaro Gormis are their dynamic midfield duo.

It's common practice to ignore how poor they have been in the top league last time round and just assume they are one of the best midfield partnerships in the league based on last season.

It should be remembered that when Dundee won that league our midfield looked the best in the league as well with the riches of Gavin Rae, Jim Mcallister, Iain Davidson and Kevin McBride....

It's common practice to ignore how poor they have been in the top league last time round and just assume they are one of the best midfield partnerships in the league based on last season.

It should be remembered that when Dundee won that league our midfield looked the best in the league as well with the riches of Gavin Rae, Jim Mcallister, Iain Davidson and Kevin McBride....

Well that's interesting given that the only guaranteed starter in centre midfield is Pallardo. Gomis will start ahead of Buaben most games, but neither comes close to Pallardo.

For a start Miguel Pallardo is our first choice midfielder. Given he's played over 100 games for Valencia, Getafe, Levante and Almeria I think he should cope well enough with the Scottish Premiership. One of Gomis and Buaben will play beside him although it's been widely acknowledged that this is a possible weak link in the team.

Meanwhile St Johnstone are hailing the return of Liam Craig. How did he do in his most recent season in the top league (or the Championship for that matter)?

For a start Miguel Pallardo is our first choice midfielder. Given he's played over 100 games for Valencia, Getafe, Levante and Almeria I think he should cope well enough with the Scottish Premiership.

In our year's absence, the Premiership has become Serie A circa 1991. Dundee fans say so.

Our infamous MA are frothing at the mouth about the prospect of once again singing "Hearts Are Paedos".

Some boys.

and the other one about a refugee that'll get them thrown out

Meanwhile St Johnstone are hailing the return of Liam Craig. How did he do in his most recent season in the top league (or the Championship for that matter)?

I dunno mate, you'll have to ask someone who followed a team in the championship last year.

This match is the SNPs nightmare.

Edinburgh and Perth - 'The No cities of Scotland'.

#ToryCnuts

lol wut

Alex_M_1755052a.jpg

Sturgeon-580160.jpg

Except Gomis wasn't poor last time around. Buaben will be on the bench.

And yeah, Dundee scraped the Championship against a plethora of utter diddies. We broke records while also competing against two of the biggest sides in the country.

:lol:

This is a tough game to call. I respect St Johnstone as they have been a good solid team for numerous years. They have seldom been easy opposition for Hearts, even during the years that Romanov was paying silly wages. I expect a very tough and tight match.

A lot will depend on how quickly Ozturk and Augustyn gel as a new pairing in central defence. We can't afford to lose soft goals during tight matches. Our midfield can be superb particularly out wide - Walker and Nicholson on form will create loads of chances. I think Sow could light up the league if he stays fit and we play him through the middle rather than pushing him wide to accommodate Juanma.

I reckon a draw is likely or perhaps a one-goal victory for either team - I can't see a hammering. I imagine both teams will finish top 6 though given the quality of players in both squads. Opening games are always a bit cagey.

Archived