Plain wreckage at Edinburgh airport

Too soon.

This page suggests it was the BAC one, it has now been called "Pride of Gorgie" by airport workers.. The MNG airplane started its engine when there was a ground unit under the propeller, it has been called "Pride of Leith".

That second one is the one used for fire training, and the story about it is correct.

The propeller actually hit a large part of machinery (not sure what exactly) and shattered, luckily avoiding men on the ground. I've been told it was inches away from the head of one guy but I'm sure that will just be old wife's tales.

That second one is the one used for fire training, and the story about it is correct.

The propeller actually hit a large part of machinery (not sure what exactly) and shattered, luckily avoiding men on the ground. I've been told it was inches away from the head of one guy but I'm sure that will just be old wife's tales.

The propeller hit a ground power unit after it surged forward in the startup procedure. Very lucky no one was seriously injured. As you say its now used for fire training, particularly airport-wide exercises including external services.

I often travel on the train between Croy and Edinburgh. With the disruption recently I've taken to getting off at Polmont and changing to the diverted Stirling/Edinburgh train rather than going on a replacement bus

The diverted train turns left at Winchburgh and heads towards Fife before reversing into Edinburgh, passing very close to the airport.

I did the journey last week and noticed what appeared to be a crashed plane near the cargo aircraft. It was on the grass right next to the rail line and the top half of the aircraft was still intact.

Then I did the journey again on Tuesday and there's now just a pile of rubble there, the plane is no longer intact

I've tried googling but there's no record of a plane crash at Edinburgh anywhere. It wasn't a little Cessna either, it looked like a small cargo flight

Any P&Bers know anything about an unreported plane crash at Edinburgh?

tumblr_inline_nc7mbcf9Mq1t1w98a.png

Archived