Things which should be good but aren't

H_B

I bought a pack of McVities Digestive Caramels from Tesco yesterday. I like Digestive biscuits. I love caramel. This should be good.

It isn't. They are horrible.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McVities caramel digestives are braw. Could easily eat 3/4 of a pack in a oner (I don't, I'm not a fat mess (yet)).

Vice Versas. They used to be excellent when I was a kid, now they're utter shite.

They're too chewy. Not enough caramel and it just gets lost in the biscuit.

McVities caramel digestives are braw. Could easily eat 3/4 of a pack in a oner (I don't, I'm not a fat mess (yet)).

Vice Versas. They used to be excellent when I was a kid, now they're utter shite.

Not caramel digestives, plain digestives. But there was a boy from a painting company that used to price work for the company I used to work for and he told me he would eat 2 packets of digestives a day.

As snacks, so still eating his normal daily amount but with 2 packets of digestives added on.

I could easily see how it was done, as they're addictive when you eat them, plus being in an office for 9/10 hours a day. The boy was obviously complaining about putting on weight when he told me this...

They're too chewy. Not enough caramel and it just gets lost in the biscuit.

See, I'm a chewer. I'll only eat that day baked bread and rolls. Anything more than that I don't go near (screwball). I even undercooked pizza etc so it just flops about. It's a wonder I'm not sectioned tbh.

I bought a pack of McVities Digestive Caramels from Tesco yesterday. I like Digestive biscuits. I love caramel. This should be good.

It isn't. They are horrible.

Toffee Pops are the answer to your problem.

Toffee Pops are the answer to your problem.

I like toffee pops. But I think digestives are a nicer biscuit than the shortcake stuff toffee pops are made of so I thought these would be excellent.

Digestive with dark chocolate chips, from Sainsbury's. I'm not a fan of Daily Mail reader supermarkets, but these are fucking lovey. A pound for a hyooj packet. Slight stability issues when dunking, but otherwise a perfect balance of biscuit and chocolate. Now, if McVities could do the same with their superior digestives...

Oh, and choc-chip Hobnobs are also an excellent accompaniment to a decent brew.

I remember when King Pot Noodles were introduced. They should have been like regular pot noodles, but better. They seemed to get the proportion of ingredients wrong though, as the noodles always ended up a little chewier and it was impossible to get the right amount of water in the pot to leave you with a reasonable soup at the end.

I remember when King Pot Noodles were introduced. They should have been like regular pot noodles, but better. They seemed to get the proportion of ingredients wrong though, as the noodles always ended up a little chewier and it was impossible to get the right amount of water in the pot to leave you with a reasonable soup at the end.

Yes. Spot on. Similarly the more expensive super saucy super noodles were horrible.

Much worse than regular super noodles.

Archived