Sky Bet Football League 2015-16

jagfox

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only if it's denying a goalscoring opportunity.

Did the rules not change on that about fifteen years ago? I'm sure I remember it being an automatic red if deliberate and outside the box.

Then again until recently I thought deliberate hand balls for outfield players were automatic yellows.

Eh? They've won 7 and lost 1 from 10 home games in the league this season. And won all 3 at home in the cups.

I was going on recent form. That's pretty impressive. That result will keep them on track for a tilt at automatic promotion although Derby and Boro are doing pretty well.

Ipswich getting it together as well. Four away wins on the bounce.

Got to say I was sure that Brighton would fall away after their good start but it seems like they are actually a decent team. Strange though as they've got pretty much the same team as last season in which they nearly got relegated.

They had a shit manager in charge at the beginning of last season who's plan A was pish and had no Plan B. Hughton took charge mid-way thru and kept them up.

How is that not a red? Handball outside the box is an automatic red for a keeper isn't it?

Didn't see the game, so I have no idea what the incident was like.

However, a goalkeeper is not treated any differently to an outfield player in terms of handling the ball. If his handball denies a goalscoring opportunity, then it's a red card. If his handball denies a promising attack then it's a yellow card. If none of those apply (eg the ball is going out for a goal kick or he has it under control and picks it up by mistake) then there's no card.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be the boring one though aye? ... :lol:

I go to near enough every game. Other than that one (which was on TV and was 1st vs 2nd so thought there'd maybe be some discussion) I only ever make a post about the games if people are talking about it or if something eventful happens - because I understand that nobody gives a f**k about Middlesbrough.

You do a wee write up of absolutely every game, every week and bore the tits off of the forum as if you actually think anyone cares that you go to Liverpool games or that they care about a write on their performance in a 1-0 away to Sunderland. :lol:

So, aye, I'd say you're the boring one.

I go to near enough every game. Other than that one (which was on TV and was 1st vs 2nd so thought there'd maybe be some discussion) I only ever make a post about the games if people are talking about it or if something eventful happens - because I understand that nobody gives a f**k about Middlesbrough.

You do a wee write up of absolutely every game, every week and bore the tits off of the forum as if you actually think anyone cares that you go to Liverpool games or that they care about a write on their performance in a 1-0 away to Sunderland. :lol:

So, aye, I'd say you're the boring one.

Every game home and away?

You've probably got a bit of point about me posting about every game and lots of the time it's just pretty bland stuff but most of it is done in the face of constant criticism of anything Liverpool. If Middlesbrough got the same treatment - particularly about the fans - I'm sure you'd do the same.

I stumbled across this 3/4 years ago having read the East of Scotland League forum for Whitehill stuff and I have to say it's nowhere near as bad as the nonsense written back then but there's still plenty.

Archived