New Earth like planet

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The quicker we find another earth like planet and how to get there the better,cause we're gonna destroy the one we've got probably sooner than later.Of course we have to have space exploration,there are things out there unknown to us yet that will further our as yet miniscule understanding of whats going on out there,the things we find out out there helps understand everything,honestly don't understand people who think the universe is just something out there and nothing to do with us,it's everything to do with us

Possibly. However there are reports that the resources available nearby (by that I mean our current solar system) could save us. The moon for example has an abundance of Helium 3 which could be used as a means for clean energy.

I agree with your point overall though - there is a need to expand as our populations grow. I don't fancy all these ideas of living in domes on Mars. Travelling such enormous distances quickly is just mind boggling though.

Possibly. However there are reports that the resources available nearby (by that I mean our current solar system) could save us. The moon for example has an abundance of Helium 3 which could be used as a means for clean energy.

I agree with your point overall though - there is a need to expand as our populations grow. I don't fancy all these ideas of living in domes on Mars. Travelling such enormous distances quickly is just mind boggling though.

Helium 3, this will not end well.

What's the point of checking out that puddle down the street when there's one you can drink right here?

Don't even start with the cloud it came from. Can just imagine a Victorian saying "WTF are you studying the clouds for? Are you going up there any time soon?!".

Think they had hot air balloons. Can see where you are coming from, but the Victorians knew the migration path of swallows etc, so they had something to try to emulate for intercontinental air travel. Travelling faster than the speed of light is a wee bit more challenging than that conceptually in terms of the physics involved. We'll probably get to Mars and the asteroid belt eventually as a species, but leaving the solar system is a tall order given the huge distances involved and the time needed to do it.

Think they had hot air balloons. Can see where you are coming from, but the Victorians knew the migration path of swallows etc, so they had something to try to emulate for intercontinental air travel. Travelling faster than the speed of light is a wee bit more challenging than that conceptually in terms of the physics involved. We'll probably get to Mars and the asteroid belt eventually as a species, but leaving the solar system is a tall order given the huge distances involved and the time needed to do it.

*Wormholes could be a possibility. However even travelling to and from a wormhole would be a challenge. It's really frightening the distances you would need to travel through space.

*Zen Archer - please no gags. Please. Name your fucking price.

*Wormholes could be a possibility. However even travelling to and from a wormhole would be a challenge. It's really frightening the distances you would need to travel through space.

*Zen Archer - please no gags. Please. Name your fucking price.

It's me or L4L, so roon ye.

The thing that I've never been able to understand is when they say planets are in the 'habitable zone' of a solar system.

Surely we're only defining 'habitable' in the context of the conditions that we, our plants, and our animals would require to survive?

Surely there's nothing to stop life elsewhere evolving in what we would think is uninhabitable, but is perfectly habitable for them?

Archived