words that sound neddy

Nadroj

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone who uses eggy language is making themselves sound like a ned. For example, if someone tells you that they're away to sniff glue you can safely assume that they're a respectable person. However if they state their intention is to sneg the gleg then they are clearly some kind of lower class ned and best avoided.

Subtance abuse in general has a fair amount of neddy terminology, such as colour coding certain drugs, ie Broon (Heroin) or The Green (Methadone) . Neds also have the most ridiculous names for various prescription painkillers, such as Ruggers and Difs.

Just for clarity, what the dickens is "eggy language"?? :lol:

There are different variations but it generally involves the word egg being inserted into random words. In the example I gave above Sniff becomes Sneg and Glue becomes Gleg. You seldom hear it these days but it was all the rage with Dundee neds in the '80s.

Already been said I presume but the word 'wain' does my fucking box in.

Going by the rest of the thread it looks like I'm a thick neddy c**t.

Me too

Weans a bit of a west Coast thing, it's Bairn/Bairns everywhere else in the country

Invernesians using the word 'weapon' to describe something makes my brain leak.

Eg "That Caley game was proper weapon last night eh"

Fucking weapon yourselves ya p***ks

I thought weapon was a word (never said it myself :lol: ) used for good looking girls

I thought weapon was a word (never said it myself :lol: ) used for good looking girls

f**k knows, once you hit the highlands all logic goes out of the window. I'm repeating that phrase in an Invernesian accent in my head and it's making me angry.

f**k knows what they use it for in bandit country up there but weapon just means the same as roaster.

Archived