Stirling vs Airdrie

Binos123sam

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agree 1st half we had 1 half chance, improved slightly on the 2nd half but could not get the equaliser despite having 3 strikers on.

We need to improve next week against Clyde otherwise it's going to be a long season.

3?

Was very disappointed in Stirling they just had nothing to offer apart from Johnston who occasionally tried to do it all on his own. The centre back pairing of Smith and Staunton were all over the place Airdrie should have won by a good few more.

The enigma that is Taylor Morgan is clearly not a football player as in he has no football brain and his team mates were furious with him on more than one occasion due to not lifting his head and picking them out but he might still cause some bother at times he does some nice things you think AYE GO ON THEN and he just runs into someone for no reason.

Airdrie looked solid and compact and will be hard to break down on that showing and in Jordan Morton they had that real bit of quality on the pitch I thought he was excellent. DVZ in the middle of the park made no sense to me when Gillfillan is on the bench I think he's a pointless signing really as Bain and O'Neil are better modern day full backs and he has no place playing centre midfield. Just because he's played at a good level doesn't mean he can just slot in anywhere because he's an auld heid. Big Al strolled it by the way never heard any disgust from the Airdrie end regarding him I assume the initial outrage has vanished as expected.

Pretty shit game really but certainly more for Stirling to worry about than Airdrie on that showing.

Theres a lot of us not convinced by Morgan, and it's going to take a someone huge to fill Lister's shoes, his partnership with Prunty was telepathic at times.

I see Iain Vigurs turned out for Inverurie Locos today, surely he's not outwith our reach.

Thought Stirling were good in the first half, we seemed to lack any real purpose and just seemed to try and lump it up to morgan, second half we were much better and probably desereved at least one more goal. Morgan is one of those tall centre forwards who would rather have it played to feet, i think he only successfully connected with 1 or 2 headers today out of about 20 and that was down to him not reading the flight of the ball, looked much better when it was played to feet or for him to chase. Although as stated earlier there were loads of time where the likes of Cox and Prunty were gettin on his case for making poor decisions

Overall though some positives to take from the game but not many, Van Zanten and McBride should not be used as a cm pairing again though! They are to slow and were being overrun by Stirling in the first half

Was very disappointed in Stirling they just had nothing to offer apart from Johnston who occasionally tried to do it all on his own. The centre back pairing of Smith and Staunton were all over the place Airdrie should have won by a good few more.

The enigma that is Taylor Morgan is clearly not a football player as in he has no football brain and his team mates were furious with him on more than one occasion due to not lifting his head and picking them out but he might still cause some bother at times he does some nice things you think AYE GO ON THEN and he just runs into someone for no reason.

Airdrie looked solid and compact and will be hard to break down on that showing and in Jordan Morton they had that real bit of quality on the pitch I thought he was excellent. DVZ in the middle of the park made no sense to me when Gillfillan is on the bench I think he's a pointless signing really as Bain and O'Neil are better modern day full backs and he has no place playing centre midfield. Just because he's played at a good level doesn't mean he can just slot in anywhere because he's an auld heid. Big Al strolled it by the way never heard any disgust from the Airdrie end regarding him I assume the initial outrage has vanished as expected.

Pretty shit game really but certainly more for Stirling to worry about than Airdrie on that showing.

Agree with all that. Morgan's got a decent touch and is quite good at getting away from his man, but as soon as he had to make a decision he made an arse of it. He'll undoubtedly be a very frustrating player, but I do think he'll be a threat in this league. I did think DVZ was a strange signing when we already had Bain and O'Neil who are decent right backs at this level, I'd probably rather we'd gone for a natural left back. However I think he'll be a good player to have around the squad and his versatility will be needed later in the season. Bollan does have a habit of turning defenders into centre mids though - Barr, McCormack, Fitzpatrick were all played there in the last couple of seasons, and pretty succesfully, but on today it doesn't seem DVZ will be staying there, he really did look lost.

I thought we were okay, as 1-0's go it was pretty comfortable. Certainly when you compare us to this time last season when we lost 3-1 at home to Stenny I'm a lot more optimistic. We're pretty much what you'd expect from looking at our squad, solid but a bit lacking in flair going forward. Next week will be a good test to see where we are going to be this season.

Can't believe I've just read those comments about Morgan "he did ok" and "in the Andy Smith mould " he'll never score a goal in a Scottish cup final he'll be lucky if he scores 5 goals all season that's if Bollan doesn't bin him by the end of August he's one of the worst players I've ever seen pull on an Airdrie strip and after watching the Diamonds for over 50 years I've seen some real dumplings.

Can't believe I've just read those comments about Morgan "he did ok" and "in the Andy Smith mould " he'll never score a goal in a Scottish cup final he'll be lucky if he scores 5 goals all season that's if Bollan doesn't bin him by the end of August he's one of the worst players I've ever seen pull on an Airdrie strip and after watching the Diamonds for over 50 years I've seen some real dumplings.

Oh don't talk rubbish! Played 2 games and a friendly and is one of the worst ever?

I'd argue there are any number of players who have worn a diamond in the last five years that are worse than him, and thats without seeing him play.

:lol:

Ive been posting on P&B for over 5 years and ive read some fairly stupid post from a fair few dumplings but you are up there with the best of them

Archived