Brechin City vs Dunfermline Athletic- Sat 8th August

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems you've taken it upon yourself to take offence at

this when the Brechin fan doesn't even seem fussed.

In the whole spectrum of PnB posts it was reasonably relevant, people were talking about attendance figures and he mentioned the away support was likely to outnumber the home one. Probably to give some context as to what a good support it's likely to be, seems reasonable?

No probably about it. Brechin's core home support these days is about 300.

Is it? I thought your attendances were about the 700 mark?

I don't see the relevance in mentioning the home support

Refer to Grant's post. Summed it up better than I could have.

It seems you've taken it upon yourself to take offence at

this when the Brechin fan doesn't even seem fussed.

In the whole spectrum of PnB posts it was reasonably relevant, people were talking about attendance figures and he mentioned the away support was likely to outnumber the home one. Probably to give some context as to what a good support it's likely to be, seems reasonable?

Hmm. If you could show me where I took offence then that would be enlightening.

And no, not really.

Large Pars support, new season. What could go wrong?

:-(

You've got me thinking of Hamilton away under Stephen Kenny. First game of the season, huge support, full of optimism. No relevance to this week but brought back memories of a fuckin awful day :unsure:

Is it? I thought your attendances were about the 700 mark?

Average attendance last season was 552. Once you take away support into account it probably gives you an average home support of 400. There seems to be a general apathy amongst some supporters just now for some reason, they seem to think Dods has a magic wand and can instantly replace the quality we lost during the summer and immediately get results on the park.

Average attendance last season was 552. Once you take away support into account it probably gives you an average home support of 400. There seems to be a general apathy amongst some supporters just now for some reason, they seem to think Dods has a magic wand and can instantly replace the quality we lost during the summer and immediately get results on the park.

Don't know the population of Brechin but as it's a small place 400 seems a decent enough crowd.

You've got me thinking of Hamilton away under Stephen Kenny. First game of the season, huge support, full of optimism. No relevance to this week but brought back memories of a fuckin awful day :unsure:

Aw Jesus, that was bad. Pretty sure they had to open half of the stand at the side as well to accommodate fans?

That season everyone was pretty confident we'd cake-walk it and we finished 5th. Now where have I heard that one before...

Don't know the population of Brechin but as it's a small place 400 seems a decent enough crowd.

Absolutely. There is no denying that. Crowd to population ratio is probably the best in Scottish Football.

Hmm. If you could show me where I took offence then that would be enlightening.

And no, not really.

I don't see the relevance in mentioning the home support

HTH.

And yes, yes really. Fairly easy sums to get your head around here.

DAFC. thought that Brechin had an average support of around 700, DAFC. in turn thought we will bring at least 750, as such his expectation that we'd outnumber the home support seems reasonable. Pretty simply tbh.

I've only ever passed through Brechin on work and the place is absolutely minuscule, the crowds they get for the catchment area they have is fantastic.

HTH.

And yes, yes really. Fairly easy sums to get your head around here.

DAFC. thought that Brechin had an average support of around 700, DAFC. in turn thought we will bring at least 750, as such his expectation that we'd outnumber the home support seems reasonable. Pretty simply tbh.

I've only ever passed through Brechin on work and the place is absolutely minuscule, the crowds they get for the catchment area they have is fantastic.

Populations around 7000! It's frustrating as there are genuinely folk who support the team who have just fallen outta habit ( I know it's same with other teams ) I blame Jeff Stelling ha ha! Too easy too sit at home now. We d a fantastic season last year but crowds still dropped although we took decent away support to games by our usual standards I felt ....

That Hamilton game was a fucking nightmare. I'm pretty sure they only opened 2 turnstiles for about 2,500 away fans. Sol Bamba was one of 3 or 4 consecutive red cards at the start of that season IIRC.

That Hamilton game was a fucking nightmare. I'm pretty sure they only opened 2 turnstiles for about 2,500 away fans. Sol Bamba was one of 3 or 4 consecutive red cards at the start of that season IIRC.

Bamba was an unused sub v Hamilton but you're right he was one of 4 consecutive red cards for us in the league. Phil McGuire v Hamilton, Stephen Glass v Morton, Bamba v Livi and Scott Morrison v Stirling Albion.

I remember Mark Burchill scoring that day? Was such a pisser. Even my Dad was excited for the new season and drove me and my brother through but we were pish.

Not as bad as losing at home to Morton the next week. Or Murdoch's howler against Hacken. Or losing 3-0 to Stirling, 5-0 to Hamilton, 4-0 to Livingston...

Archived