Brechin City vs Dunfermline Athletic- Sat 8th August

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that's bang out of order if it's true , but the last 3 seasons they ve visited The Glebe I ve always found them friendly even when we ve beaten them ...

That is a good point. The genuine Pars fans we met the last couple of seasons have been good banter. Sadly though , when your team starts winning , the village idiots start to tag along. I had half a dozen roasters beside me in the first half insisting I moved away from the " Away Fans End" if I was going to shout for my team ...........Despite the fact there was no segregation . They even pulled over a steward who basically told them to stop acting like bairns.

On the football side, I was impressed by the progress Dunfermline have made and on this showing should romp the league.

How much of this was down to us being shite is a matter of opinion , but being 4 down at half time in your first league game is a bit deflating and very embarassing. ( I apologise now for my negative comment !!!!)

A lot of work ahead for Darren but I think the failures are clear for all to see . Up to him to try and get them lifted before the rot sets in.

A long season ahead I fear.

Went along to this and I can barely believe both teams are in the same league, frankly. That was a pasting and should have been double figures. Brechin had a 10 minute burst in the second half where they looked alright, the rest of it was a steamroller job. Apart from their number 7 who kept slogging away down the right, they were really, really awful (central defence in particular).

That said, Dunfermline front three look really good - running, skill, all the good stuff, and will cause headaches for most teams they play. Long way to go, but they should be the team to beat on that form...

Went along to this and I can barely believe both teams are in the same league, frankly. That was a pasting and should have been double figures. Brechin had a 10 minute burst in the second half where they looked alright, the rest of it was a steamroller job. Apart from their number 7 who kept slogging away down the right, they were really, really awful (central defence in particular).

That said, Dunfermline front three look really good - running, skill, all the good stuff, and will cause headaches for most teams they play. Long way to go, but they should be the team to beat on that form...

That is the polar opposite to last season and in particular the last game at the glebe where we dominated. That is football though . Fortunes change very quickly.

Still scrambling for relevance i see you complete bellend! :rolleyes: His so called team scrapes a draw and finds himself back in the third teir. Typical fuckwit.

Just shows how rattled we got him last season. He is still hurting that his team only took 2 points out of 12 against us !!! :bounce4

That was an embarrassment yesterday. We have to give Dods time to get things right however there is no excuse for that kind of performance. Dunfermline are a good side and will go on to win the league but we are in for a long, hard season by the looks of it.

Was there any need for us to wear our away kit? We always have to wear it yet when the teams in this league come to play at EEP they get to wear their home kit.

Was there any need for us to wear our away kit? We always have to wear it yet when the teams in this league come to play at EEP they get to wear their home kit.

Is this a serious post?

That was an embarrassment yesterday. We have to give Dods time to get things right however there is no excuse for that kind of performance. Dunfermline are a good side and will go on to win the league but we are in for a long, hard season by the looks of it.

Sobered up yet ??? Elmo is still bedded !!! :lol:

Archived