Brechin City vs Dunfermline Athletic- Sat 8th August

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We scored a goal ! We scored a goal ! Pars streets ahead of us all over the park , we need a left back this week ! He contributed to pars goal bonanza big time ! Seen enough 2nd half once Pars sat back to suggest we ll come away ! Thought Dale was coming onto a game then got hooked also thought big Thommo ran his arse into ground ! Tigers still off the pace ! We actually might ve scored a couple more but to be honest Pars could ve stepped up a gear at anytime . Moffat and Paton linking well , on this form they lol take some stopping! Well played Pars and a fantastic friendly support ! As for us there's alaways next week

Murdoch - 7 Hardly anything to do but made a couple of great saves when needed.

Martin - 7 Decent game.

Fordyce - 5 Did nothing wrong but had to be switched at half time due to injury.

Ben Richards - Everton - 7 Looks solid and took no chances with his clearances.

Williamson - 6 Played reasonably well but never got his charge going on.

Paton - 7 Looks to be a very good player for this level, had a good game.

Byrne - 6 Certainly looking a lot better this season. Hopefully a lot more to come from him.

Geggan - 7 Back to his best (ish) faded in the second half but a marked improvement.

Cardle - 8 A few wayward passes but it's great to see him in a pars strip again. Full of energy and itching to skin a guy, his goal was top drawer, typical cardle move - skin him then tap C.

Faissal - 9 What can you say? Could have had a hatrick, great energy and always looking for the ball. Real Madrid bound.

Moffat - 7 A power of work as per usual. Glad to see him get a goal but he can do better. Played some sublime passes throughout the game.

Wallace - 8 He was excellent when he came on. Almost scored with his first touch. A new signing basically and I'm glad we've still got him.

Talbot - 6 Certainly a decent player, he's going to see a fair few cards though!

Falkingham - 7 Played the part of ankle biter well. His goal was brilliant too, calm and composed. Healthy competition can only add to his game.

Brechin were rocked early and couldn't recover. I don't think they're that bad, just need time to gel perhaps? Long may it continue that we go for the jugular and let the opposition worry about us, we're setting a good marker out so far and I reckon a few teams are going to get spanked with our current attitude.

Grahame Smith has a voice that only cats and dugs can hear, don't know why he bothers tbh.

Well that was fun.

Maybe too critical but i don't even believe we played that well , it was quite scrappy at times and it took the third goal til we really found our rhythm. Though i suppose having the game won by taking our chances even when they didnt necciseraly come from our good play.

Still think our defending isnt good enough really and that showed with another poor goal lost.

As i say maybe too harsh and there was alot to be positive about but that was really too easy for us and we should look to improve for our games against harder opponents.

Archived