What haircut do you ask for at the barbers?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the going rate for a haircut at your local barbers/ hair dressers?

Most in Paisley are about £9. Found one that does it for £6.50.

Usually around £30.

I miss Scotland.

Anyone else's barber set their ear hair on fire? Quite a thrill and he seems to be able to extinguish the flames before incinerating my brain.

You pay for that? Fall asleep at any supporters club gathering with two screwed up paper towels in your ears.

Having just read the thread, clippers have two settings per number. One is longer than the other, hence how a half is possible.

And as I said above, turks don't go in for small talk at all. Worth going for that reason alone

Any paisley locals remember the topless barbers lol I never got scalped personally i do realise there will be non believers out there lol

I think they also did pube trimming. Remember watching a very educational programme about it.

Number 3. Done in silence, partly because the guy is from another country (I want to say Algeria, but I don't know if this is just because he used to look like Brahim Hemdani before he went grey), partly because he presumably spends the whole time wanting to jam his scissors into my neck since I get this done once a year. The experience usually ends with me throwing whatever change I have on me into his till out of guilt for a tip.

One time in there (if you can recall the dates of Arsenal playing Man United in the FA Cup you could know the occasion exactly) there was a girl who looked like Kate Nash circa-2007 who sadly hasn't been seen since, I reckon I'd get my hair cut more regularly if she was still there. And wouldn't mind the talking as much.

Always ask for a Johnny Manziel. So I can set my watch with it.

You're lucky to get a Johnny Unitas when you ask for the wrong thing.

1 all over. £5. Job done.

The barbers I use has an immigrant woman who is (to my mind) insanely hot. Sure she's married to the male barber, but nonetheless. When she finishes with my hair she rubs some sort of oil all over the top of it.

Archived