What haircut do you ask for at the barbers?

I imagine if you're getting an army buzz cut they do, however I've never had my hair like that. Scissor cut then tiny bit of shaver at end just to tidy up back.

If you say so. Any hairdresser ive been to will ask what you want on the sides and back (i.e. fade, undercut, whatever) first in my experience.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Four at the back and sides and a wee trim on top for me.

I'm curious because a guy asked for a number 0.5 at the barbers today when I was in. Having no idea such a thing existed, I am now wondering what other weird and wonderful options are available for those of us who are lucky enough to possess hair.

Turkish barbers in the Eastgate by any chance? I was in there recently and a guy asked for a 0.5 and I'd also never heard of it!

I tend to let my hair grow...until it gets too long (past shoulder length) and starts to annoy me. At a crossroads right now beause every hairdressers/barbers I go to always make cvnt of it, so I let it grow out again.

Kurz an den seiten, nicht zu kurz am oberen. Usually with pointing and hoping the girl remembers how she cut it the last time.

Not sure how but the last time I was in I ended up getting a head massage. I don't know what I thought she was asking me.

"How would you like your hair cut, sir?"

"In silence"

One of the oldest jokes on record, apparently, dating back to ancient Rome. If we haven't sorted the problem of chatty barbers by now, I doubt we ever will.

Archived