Glasgow should be the capital of Scotland.

Romeo

194 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes Glasgow is far better to drive in, the city also has that big city feel that Edinburgh doesn't have.

On a side note, when that poor Irish student was murdered the people of Glasgow came together to console the bereaved family, i remember the sign in specific that said "Glasgow is sorry" That almost certainly wouldn't happen in Edinburgh

Yes Glasgow is far better to drive in, the city also has that big city feel that Edinburgh doesn't have.

On a side note, when that poor Irish student was murdered the people of Glasgow came together to console the bereaved family, i remember the sign in specific that said "Glasgow is sorry" That almost certainly wouldn't happen in Edinburgh

:lol: enough of this pish, I love Glasgow but the whole "people make Glasgow" is cringy as f**k

:lol: enough of this pish, I love Glasgow but the whole "people make Glasgow" is cringy as f**k

Are you disagreeing with me? I think its blatantly true - not saying everyone comes together in that way but there is a core of people who act this way that i don't think exist in Edinburgh

Is that really for or against Glasgow.

Are you disagreeing with me? I think its blatantly true - not saying everyone comes together in that way but there is a core of people who act this way that i don't think exist in Edinburgh

Aye I'm disagreeing with you, people are people, being from Glasgow doesn't automatically make you a more caring person

Is that really for or against Glasgow.

Neither its just an observation.

Aye I'm disagreeing with you, people are people, being from Glasgow doesn't automatically make you a more caring person

I know it doesn't. I suppose what I'm trying to say is there are people in Glasgow who in the light of tragedy come to the surface and link tragedies to the city and talk about the spirit of the city and how the people make Glasgow and what not and this sort of behaviour doesn't take place in Edinburgh from what i have seen. If an Irish student got murdered here there wouldn't be people out on the streets and banners saying Edinburgh is sorry. This doesn't apply to everyone in Glasgow or Edinburgh of course its just a social trait i suppose

Neither its just an observation.

I know it doesn't. I suppose what I'm trying to say is there are people in Glasgow who in the light of tragedy come to the surface and link tragedies to the city and talk about the spirit of the city and how the people make Glasgow and what not and this sort of behaviour doesn't take place in Edinburgh from what i have seen. If an Irish student got murdered here there wouldn't be people out on the streets and banners saying Edinburgh is sorry. This doesn't apply to everyone in Glasgow or Edinburgh of course its just a social trait i suppose

Why the f**k were they saying glasgow was sorry anyway? People are fucking idiots

Why the f**k were they saying glasgow was sorry anyway? People are fucking idiots

Well they were out on the streets to pass on their sympathy's and meet the family and there was that banner among many others. Also there were quite a lot of mourners at the site she was found. Strange carry on

This argument always becomes completely fucking tedious. Obviously most Glaswegians are going to prefer Glasgow, likewise for

Edinburgh residents preferring Edinburgh.

I've mostly lived in Glasgow and love the place, can see why people like Edinburgh as well, I think it's all right.

People who have some weird disdain for people of the same nationality living only 40-50 miles away have clearly been knocked back by Glaswegian/Edinburgh burds so many times at a young age they now live in a permanent rage about the place.

I agree. Glasgow's city centre with it's one way system and magical bus lanes is a piece of piss to navigate around.

Whoooosh.

Glasgow city centre is a pain the arse if you're unfamiliar with it. Going from A to B can take in C to Z. As for the bus lanes, well, we've not had a new 'Glasgow bus lane' thread since yesterday.

So, Glasgow? The only city I've ever been asked "what school did ye got to?"; "Naw whit kind of school?"; "Naw whit KIND o school?"; "Who's your big team"

Aye, capital of bigotry maybe.

Can. worms, open.........

Archived