andriod boxes / Kodi

It could be any keyboard! Im getting a free keyboard with mine but it almost certainly wont be the same as yours, it could be any generic wireless keyboard

It came with the M8S box. I sincerely hope it's the same one that arrives with your box for the GIRUY opportunity :D

It came with the M8S box. I sincerely hope it's the same one that arrives with your box for the GIRUY opportunity :D

I didnt get one :(

I've plugged mine in - seems ok, not particularly blown away but it does seem more responsive than the PC

I have three questions -

1) is there an easy way to delete all the plugins? Its preloaded with about a million, pretty much everything except the ones I actually want <_<

2) What happens if I do a reset in the android options? Will I lose the menu and stuff?

3) Is there an easy way to get it to boot directly into Kodi? I dont mind if that means losing all the menus, Im never going to use it for anything else

ETA - Amazon are making me send the whole lot back just because the free keyboard is missing :thumbsdown

This is the one I bought a COOLEAD one. Im assuming the different M8s from different sellers are either the same or have different GUIs on them? Any recommendations for what one to go with? I'll stick with an M8s as the specs seem pretty good for the price

EETA - although, having looked around, I think I might go for this which is only a few quid more

Edited by Mr X

I have three questions -

1) is there an easy way to delete all the plugins? Its preloaded with about a million, pretty much everything except the ones I actually want <_<

2) What happens if I do a reset in the android options? Will I lose the menu and stuff?

3) Is there an easy way to get it to boot directly into Kodi? I dont mind if that means losing all the menus, Im never going to use it for anything else

ETA - Amazon are making me send the whole lot back just because the free keyboard is missing :thumbsdown: *

1) I just reset Kodi completely. To factory settings or something like that. I'm sure you'll know how to do it but if you don't there are plenty of videos on youtube.

2) I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that (not that tech savvy!) but if you meant reseting Kodi, it stripped everything right back and I just had to install my own wizard etc.

3) No idea pal but if you can can you let me know? :lol:

* Let me know what keyboard you get ;)

:P

1) I just reset Kodi completely. To factory settings or something like that. I'm sure you'll know how to do it but if you don't there are plenty of videos on youtube.

2) I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that (not that tech savvy!) but if you meant reseting Kodi, it stripped everything right back and I just had to install my own wizard etc.

3) No idea pal but if you can can you let me know? :lol:

* Let me know what keyboard you get ;)

:P

Oh, is there a reset option in Kodi? I'll have a look for that.

No, I meant resetting the box in the Android settings, a bit like doing a factory reset to your phone.

Oh, is there a reset option in Kodi? I'll have a look for that.

No, I meant resetting the box in the Android settings, a bit like doing a factory reset to your phone.

There is a fresh start option in Kodi that puts it back to factory settings. There is also a option to factory reset your box which may delete other apps that will have been preloaded (showbox, mobdro etc).

Which add ons is it that you are looking for? I tend to install Ares Wizard first as you can add and delete the addons you want through that

Edit - i havent seen a box boot straight to Kodi. I assume that it wouldnt have that function as you would need to have access to the android settings if you had problems with Kodi

Edited by Twinkle

There is a fresh start option in Kodi that puts it back to factory settings. There is also a option to factory reset your box which may delete other apps that will have been preloaded (showbox, mobdro etc).

Which add ons is it that you are looking for? I tend to install Ares Wizard first as you can add and delete the addons you want through that

Edit - i havent seen a box boot straight to Kodi. I assume that it wouldnt have that function as you would need to have access to the android settings if you had problems with Kodi

I'll be putting Exodus on it, for sure. After that I dont know. The kids and, occasionally, Mrs X use it so I wont it be as easy as possible. I mainly just want rid of the hundreds of add-ons that were pre installed.

What do you think of the boxes I linked to?

I'll be putting Exodus on it, for sure. After that I dont know. The kids and, occasionally, Mrs X use it so I wont it be as easy as possible. I mainly just want rid of the hundreds of add-ons that were pre installed.

What do you think of the boxes I linked to?

Would go for the first one personally. You will need that extra gb of RAM that its got

Would go for the first one personally. You will need that extra gb of RAM that its got

Yeah? Seems like a lot of the newer ones only have 1Gb of RAM, including the M9+ - which I assume is the newer version of the M8? Do you not think the octo-core and 5.1 would make more difference than the GB of RAM?

Yeah? Seems like a lot of the newer ones only have 1Gb of RAM, including the M9+ - which I assume is the newer version of the M8? Do you not think the octo-core and 5.1 would make more difference than the GB of RAM?

Saw that the latter one had an octo core which would make a difference but my old box only had 1gb ram and struggled with anything over 480p. Stuttered and broke up picture despite my broadband being quite good and playing the top streams

Saw that the latter one had an octo core which would make a difference but my old box only had 1gb ram and struggled with anything over 480p. Stuttered and broke up picture despite my broadband being quite good and playing the top streams

Think Im going to go for this one then

clicky

Its only a few quid more and has the octo-core plus 2Gb RAM. No free keyboard though :(