andriod boxes / Kodi

So i seen the first seller has been hammered in Teeside

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/kodi-illegal-first-man-arrested-8889099

On this i'm currently using the IPTV service  anyone else??

It'll be interesting to see how that one goes, don't think any user will get done though - just the sellers.

I wonder where the Add on guys stand on this ? They are just providing the link to the links as such. I suppose that was Torrent guys argument though....

31 minutes ago, Kennboy1978 said:

It'll be interesting to see how that one goes, don't think any user will get done though - just the sellers.

I wonder where the Add on guys stand on this ? They are just providing the link to the links as such. I suppose that was Torrent guys argument though....

Its a good question. Obviously, the add-ons they provide are illegal but I wonder if the authorities/content providers are going after them as well as the sellers?

Its a good question. Obviously, the add-ons they provide are illegal but I wonder if the authorities/content providers are going after them as well as the sellers?

This could open a can of worms, I'll be watching closely.

Would sites like seo be okay ? They provide links to the zips / repos, so I wonder if they'll get the pointless ISP block like the Torrent sites.

He already has been, he's appearing in court

Prosecution is conviction which hasn't happened yet.
Seemingly he went to China to get 10000 boxes at a better rate and was lifted coming off the plane. Police information came from China.
Who knew Lee Wallace was Chinese?

17 minutes ago, scoobles said:

Prosecution is conviction which hasn't happened yet.

Presumably, you meant "prosecution isnt conviction"?

He has been prosecuted, the first line of the articles says

A trader on Teesside will appear in court after becoming the first person to be prosecuted for selling Android boxes

On 8/26/2016 at 20:29, jimmy boo said:

I thought the whole reason about this was getting stuff for free. Can anyone explain why I shouldn't just find streams on laptop from numerous sources?

Just the ease of use and the fact that it works all the time and doesn't ever buffer or cut out.   I hate having to search around and try various different streams.  Teh one I have works out £4.30 a month and is pretty much as good as having actual sky in terms of quality and how easy it is to find games and switch between them etc.  Plus it has all the 3 o'clock games and stuff.  And it's on my tv not laptop so no faffing about connecting your laptop.  Each to their own though if you're happy doing a bit of extra work it will save you the £4.30 a month.

On 9/9/2016 at 10:14, gannonball said:

Quite tempted to go for this as I am sick of chasing links for games.

how do u get nation hd in thr first place?

Just sign up in the link in my original post then use the below instructions to install it on kodi.  You'll get a suer name when you register then just put that in when you install the app on kodi.

http://kodicommunity.com/how-to-install-the-new-sportsmania-repository-add-on-for-kodi/

3 hours ago, Eric said:

Just the ease of use and the fact that it works all the time and doesn't ever buffer or cut out.   I hate having to search around and try various different streams.  Teh one I have works out £4.30 a month and is pretty much as good as having actual sky in terms of quality and how easy it is to find games and switch between them etc.  Plus it has all the 3 o'clock games and stuff.  And it's on my tv not laptop so no faffing about connecting your laptop.  Each to their own though if you're happy doing a bit of extra work it will save you the £4.30 a month.

Thanks. I'd probably have done it by now if I wasn't confused by the whole process.

7 hours ago, Mr X said:

Looks like attention is turning towards streaming devices

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-37508235

Doesn't surprise me. There are quite a few folk on all the local selling pages on Facebook etc. that brazenly advertise them as a means of streaming copyrighted content for free. I'm sure I said a few pages back that it was only a matter of time before the government / police attempted some sort of crackdown.

17 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Doesn't surprise me. There are quite a few folk on all the local selling pages on Facebook etc. that brazenly advertise them as a means of streaming copyrighted content for free. I'm sure I said a few pages back that it was only a matter of time before the government / police attempted some sort of crackdown.

Im surprised they dont go after the "hacked" satellite boxes too