Gary Locke OUT!

I wouldn't say there was a stand-out candidate. Much like I said after Johnstone was sacked, I think Gary Holt might be a decent shout. Not necessarily purely for his managerial ability, but also because I think having a 1997 cup winner in charge might galvanise the support, which is something we really need.

FInding a manager who would be better than Locke wouldn't be a hugely taxing task.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was why I asked the question. There seems to be no obvious candidate(s) to succeed him, yet any change would need to be done swiftly and a new manager would need to be capable of producing immediate results. Finding someone better than Locke will be easy, but they need someone in that can ensure they avoid relegation / a difficult play-off.

After years of flirting with relegation, Killie really look to be in a bad place this year.

Haven't really kept up with the championship (although I should, we'll be there next year) but how did St Mirren play under Ian Murray? I always wanted him at killie when he was Dumbarton manager but his failed stint at St Mirren kind of puts me off.

Sacked after 6 months might give you a clue....

Haven't really kept up with the championship (although I should, we'll be there next year) but how did St Mirren play under Ian Murray? I always wanted him at killie when he was Dumbarton manager but his failed stint at St Mirren kind of puts me off.

We have been awful. His signings have been awful, our league position isn't false. We'd start games off well, often scoring early but then sit in way too deep and eventually throw away leads. It wasn't all down to him though, either the players weren't behind him or they just couldn't understand what they were meant to be doing.

I think he has blown his good reputation in 4 months with us and Kilmarnock would be doomed if they appointed him.

Sacked after 6 months might give you a clue....

I know that,but there could have been circumstances other than the team playing shite leading to that. I know there's a lot going on behind the scenes.

If he was just a bad manager then fair enough, just an idea.

ETA just saw Sergie's post, ignore me :P

We have been awful. His signings have been awful, our league position isn't false. We'd start games off well, often scoring early but then sit in way too deep and eventually throw away leads. It wasn't all down to him though, either the players weren't behind him or they just couldn't understand what they were meant to be doing.

I think he has blown his good reputation in 4 months with us and Kilmarnock would be doomed if they appointed him.

Fair enough mate, it was probably a bad choice for him to move to St Mirren though surely?

Cheers for replying though.

I know that,but there could have been circumstances other than the team playing shite leading to that. I know there's a lot going on behind the scenes.

If he was just a bad manager then fair enough, just an idea.

ETA just saw Sergie's post, ignore me :P

haha I know mate was just winding you up, but he signed Jamie Langfield, that was evidence enough for me!

FAO St Mirren fans - how are langfield and more importantly shankland doing? I know shankland hasnt been scoring but any encouraging signs?

Fair enough mate, it was probably a bad choice for him to move to St Mirren though surely?

Cheers for replying though.

No probs bud.

It could just be a case of wrong club wrong time for him, looking back it was risky for both parties because it was his first full time gig and we have been in free fall. He done his time at Dumbarton and earned his move though, and he was my first choice! The Dumbarton fans warned us of his style though and they were spot on in the end.

The bottom half of the Premiership was always going to be tight, at the start of the season I'd have said there were maybe 4 teams that could finish bottom, United weren't one of them though! You'd think whoever finishes 2nd bottom is probably down too but we all thought that last season.

No probs bud.

It could just be a case of wrong club wrong time for him, looking back it was risky for both parties because it was his first full time gig and we have been in free fall. He done his time at Dumbarton and earned his move though, and he was my first choice! The Dumbarton fans warned us of his style though and they were spot on in the end.

The bottom half of the Premiership was always going to be tight, at the start of the season I'd have said there were maybe 4 teams that could finish bottom, United weren't one of them though! You'd think whoever finishes 2nd bottom is probably down too but we all thought that last season.

Aye he'd have been my first choice if he hadn't had the spell at St Mirren.

We could do worse than Danny Lennon.

Archived