Albion Rovers v Super Ayr

And I suppose you could have picked a better team. Nicky Devlin is the only person capable of playing comfortably at right back. McCracken isn't quick enough or indeed smart with the ball at his feet therefore a poor right back. Murphy and Bobo were needed at CB so therefore it was a toss up between Crawford or Docherty. McCall may have made a poor decision on playing Docherty at RB but I think the majority of Ayr fans trust him (I do) and I fail to see another manager in our league that is better than him.

msiwe8u.jpg

qxLgOEe.gif

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I suppose you could have picked a better team. Nicky Devlin is the only person capable of playing comfortably at right back. McCracken isn't quick enough or indeed smart with the ball at his feet therefore a poor right back. Murphy and Bobo were needed at CB so therefore it was a toss up between Crawford or Docherty. McCall may have made a poor decision on playing Docherty at RB but I think the majority of Ayr fans trust him (I do) and I fail to see another manager in our league that is better than him.

DarrenYoung5.jpg

All credit to Brian Reid when he was at Ayr got us promoted twice, however that's where his usefulness ended. He isn't a Championship manager and can't build on success. McCall has managed bigger Scottish teams such as Dundee, QOS and Falkirk therefore giving him greater experience as a manager, more than any other manager in League 1.

All credit to Brian Reid when he was at Ayr got us promoted twice, however that's where his usefulness ended. He isn't a Championship manager and can't build on success. McCall has managed bigger Scottish teams such as Dundee, QOS, Falkirk and Falkirk therefore giving him greater experience as a manager, more than any other manager in League 1.

Can't disagree with much of that (apart from missing out Thistle on McCall's CV) but 3-0 against Albion Rovers must be worrying surely, especially if you fancy your chances of promotion?

All credit to Brian Reid when he was at Ayr got us promoted twice, however that's where his usefulness ended. He isn't a Championship manager and can't build on success. McCall has managed bigger Scottish teams such as Dundee, QOS, Falkirk and Falkirk therefore giving him greater experience as a manager, more than any other manager in League 1.

What a load of toffee.

Not really worrying as it is game 1 of 36 and we are 2 wins 1 defeat so far in competitive games against teams in this league so far. We were top of the league for the first few weeks the last two seasons and it didn't work out too well for us, so even if we had won I doubt any Ayr fans would be truly confident that we would stay there for long.

Next week we play Brechin who we comfortably beat in the cup, a defeat to them at home, in the same manner as today by all accounts....and I might be slightly concerned.

Well that's just nonsense. Brian Reid is a very underrated manager. He will finish well above you this season, that goes without saying.

I'm not going to say I'm not concerned. McCall's competitive record is pretty wretched. For all we've signed some good players, we've still ended up with Brian Gilmour in the middle of the park. No idea why either he or Donald were retained for this season. The one that really makes me doubt McCall is Jamie Adams. The guy has basically been out of professional football for 4 years after endless knee problems. It is utterly delusional to think he can make a comeback after such a long period out.

Jim Jefferies had more experience than anyone in this league and we were shite.

You lost me when you mentioned Dundee. He played for the Dee (think Simon Stainrod and sh!tting in shoes).

He managed (quite badly iirc) Dundee United. He was totally found out in the top league.

ETA Dick Campbell - Scotland's longest serving manager. End of.

Archived