Albion Rovers v Super Ayr

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A wee underlying problem at Somerset with a team weakened by suspensions on league week one?

Apparent in yesterday's game too: there were Honest altercations not only among fans, but assaults from both their full backs, on Josh Mullin and a helpless bespectacled ballboy.

Apparent in yesterday's game too: there were Honest altercations not only among fans, but assaults from both their full backs, on Josh Mullin and a helpless bespectacled ballboy.

Forgot about this, the boy played his role brilliantly, he even made the stamping gesture to the physio as if he was the ref.

I hope it wasn't my wee pal Kieran Snuffleupagus?

So it was Kieran. I think something similar happened to his big brother some years ago. Good for the character, I'm sure papa Snuffy will agree when he comes back form the lawyer's.

Yup, it was Ciaran. He got a bit of a fright and a bruised leg, but these things happen and he was well looked after by the St Andrew's Ambulance guys and Terry Gilhooley. No sooner was he back on the touchline and Ally scored the second goal so that cheered him up quite nicely.

As for his brother, he's spent the rest of the weekend winding the wee man up telling him that nothing like that ever happened in his glittering ball boy career :rolleyes:

Totally agree with VV - Ayr looked as if they thought they just had to turn up and collect the points. We on the other hand showed more fight than we did down at Somerset and looked much more up for the physical battle which Ayr won embarrasingly easily in the cup game. For me, the tone was set by player manager Darren Young who seems to get the best out of his players when he leads by example and gets stuck in physically.

Also agree with AS though - I think we will need to play like that in most games to have a chance of staying up. Last time we survived in this league we did so on the back of some big performances rather than grinding out results week in week out.

Two tough away fixtures now before we play the new whipping boys at Cliftonhill - we will know a lot more about our chances of survival in this league at the end of this month.

Surprised to see Rovers fans happy at their performance to be honest, very good result against any team in this league but both teams were absolutely dreadful today.

Outhwith Gemmell's pass for the third there wasn't a good bit of play in the whole game.

Also , i have moaned about it on twitter and im bringing it here too, i watched the game from a grass hill today which the stewards deemed acceptable, 20 yards to my right was an unused terrace. What a joke outfit :lol:

Ayr United :lol::lol:

Albion Rovers :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ayr fans slagging facilities Hahahaha

Archived