2015 US Open Tennis

Elixir

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Its a shame murray didnt draw Nishikori. Beat mad nik in first round... canter on afterwards.

That was why I was a bit gutted he never made it to number two seed. He could have got Djokovic's draw. Cilic being the only real test to him now you would imagine in the semi final. However it gives plenty of players the opportunity to step it up. Seppi has already shocked Federer on hard courts this year, witth Goffin steadily improving and you just never know if things will click back with Nadal. Dimitrov is also looking like he could put some form together.

Hard to disagree about the top half being weaker than the bottom half.

I seen the first set of Paire - Nishikori before I went to work, and to give him his credit, Paire was playing some great tennis. Hit 16 winners or something. It was really impressive. Nishikori wasn't even playing badly himself. Paire fair loves a 5-setter doesn't he?

And yep, no surprise to see Djokovic get another bye to the final. Happens a lot these days with the fall of Nadal and no-one else being able to step up and be a credible and consistent fourth seed behind the big 3. Disappointing, but there's still no absolute guarantee that Murray would've been drawn in Nishikori's half even if he did manage to hold on to 2nd seed for the draw.

Archived