2015 US Open Tennis

Elixir

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could see Djokovic getting near Federer's 17 slams. He's so far ahead of everyone except Federer, Murray and Wawrinka on a good day. And even then he's clearly on a different level. Federer might add one more, although I'd still be pretty surprised if he did. So you're looking at Djokovic winning winning another 7-8 in the next few years. There still doesn't seem to be much coming through beneath the Djokovic/Murray/Nadal generation yet.

Could see Djokovic getting near Federer's 17 slams. He's so far ahead of everyone except Federer, Murray and Wawrinka on a good day. And even then he's clearly on a different level. Federer might add one more, although I'd still be pretty surprised if he did. So you're looking at Djokovic winning winning another 7-8 in the next few years. There still doesn't seem to be much coming through beneath the Djokovic/Murray/Nadal generation yet.

I agree with that. I am not sure Federer knows how to beat Novak if he doesn't serve like a demon. Djokovic's second serves are incredibly precise, they rarely give Federer the opportunity to get onto his forehand to dictate the point. Djokovic will gladly give it to Federer's back hand all night long. When Murray plays Federer, the slower pace on the ball allows Federer to move onto his forehand to dictate the point.

Djokovic could win all four next year. He has already secured the year end number one. He can't lose the number one slot conceivably until after the Australian Open, but realistically into the clay court season. Injury of course could hinder him but he will certainly get close to the Rogers weeks at number one as well.

Djokovic to do the slam next year is looking ominously like it's going to happen. He's so far ahead of everyone it's incredible, that includes Fed, Murray and Wawrinka. I can see one of those 3 maybe picking up one slam next year, most likely Murray at Wimbledon (if he can find form), with Djokovic taking the other 3. He really is unbelievably good.

Archived