Greatest footballers without an international trophy

Mayos Noun

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn't disagree more, he might be a price but for a few years he would have walked into most teams in Europe.

Well Paul Scholes was a much better player and never won an international tournament.

I think you meant something other than price too :lol:

Keanes mythology is much better than what he was as a player himself.

Well Paul Scholes was a much better player and never won an international tournament.

I think you meant something other than price too :lol:

Keanes mythology is much better than what he was as a player himself.

Scholes was a completely different type of player to Roy Keane.

Keane was a fantastic player in his prime he is exactly the type of player Arsenal could do with to take them to the next level.

Man United certainly wouldn't have been as successful as they were without Keane. It's certainly highly unlikely they would have won the 99 champions league.

It's funny there was another guy who used to post on here who seemed to dislike Roy Keane. Mind you though think he followed St Mirren and I notice you're an Aberdeen fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Scholes was a completely different type of player to Roy Keane.

Keane was a fantastic player in his prime he is exactly the type of player Arsenal could do with to take them to the next level.

Man United certainly wouldn't have been as successful as they were without Keane. It's certainly highly unlikely they would have won the 99 champions league.

It's funny there was another guy who used to post on here who seemed to dislike Roy Keane. Mind you though think he followed St Mirren and I notice you're an Aberdeen fan.

Doesn't everyone dislike Roey Keane?

They wouldn't have won the 1999 Champions League without Solsjkaer - doesn't make him one of the greatest strikers of all time.

I hope you're referring to current Arsenal, as Arsenal then had a far superior player in Vieira who did win a World Cup and European Championship.

I'd rather have Ramsey and Cazorla to Keane to be honest, think he wouldn't be anywhere near as effective these days when the game is more focused on technical ability.

But even if you do rate him, to include in this team which is missing Ferenc Puskas and Johan Cruyff? That's just offensive.

Doesn't everyone dislike Roey Keane?

They wouldn't have won the 1999 Champions League without Solsjkaer - doesn't make him one of the greatest strikers of all time.

I hope you're referring to current Arsenal, as Arsenal then had a far superior player in Vieira who did win a World Cup and European Championship.

I'd rather have Ramsey and Cazorla to Keane to be honest, think he wouldn't be anywhere near as effective these days when the game is more focused on technical ability.

But even if you do rate him, to include in this team which is missing Ferenc Puskas and Johan Cruyff? That's just offensive.

Wouldn't have said Vieira was a better player than Roy Keane. Always preferred Keane to Vieira.

Roy Keane was just unfortunate that he was from a country with a small population as we all know that little countries can't compete on the world level.

Didn't see either of JC or FP play well before my time so won't comment on players I didn't see much of.

This is all about opinions and is a subject that there could be an argument for 50+ players being it.

I'm sure some people could argue that David Beckham and Paul Scholes could be in it but then others would say Beckham was a two trick pony who couldn't tackle or head the ball and that Scholes was complete pish and a pub team player.

Wouldn't have said Vieira was a better player than Roy Keane. Always preferred Keane to Vieira.

Roy Keane was just unfortunate that he was from a country with a small population as we all know that little countries can't compete on the world level.

Didn't see either of JC or FP play well before my time so won't comment on players I didn't see much of.

This is all about opinions and is a subject that there could be an argument for 50+ players being it.

I'm sure some people could argue that David Beckham and Paul Scholes could be in it but then others would say Beckham was a two trick pony who couldn't tackle or head the ball and that Scholes was complete pish and a pub team player.

So you're not taking it seriously at all then?

Okay then, Keane can be placed in the team just like Mark Kerr can.

Glad we got that sorted. I'm sure he'll be delighted you like him so much, ahead of vastly superior players.

So you're not taking it seriously at all then?

Okay then, Keane can be placed in the team just like Mark Kerr can.

Glad we got that sorted. I'm sure he'll be delighted you like him so much, ahead of vastly superior players.

I'm just merely pointing out that it's all about opinions and those are opinions that have been posted by certain posters in the past.

But I would certainly consider Roy Keane to be one of the best players in his position of the time I have been watching football.

I'm just merely pointing out that it's all about opinions and those are opinions that have been posted by certain posters in the past.

But I would certainly consider Roy Keane to be one of the best players in his position of the time I have been watching football.

And what position is that?

The gnarling hard tackling player supported by talented, creative midfielders?

In my lifetime, who have now retired or no longer play internationally. If he hadn't won the '99 confederations cup, Raphael Marquez would have been in there in place of Campbell

Canizares

Campbell Stam Maldini

Davids

Figo Scholes Gascoigne Giggs

Bergkamp

Raul

Archived