Clyde vs Queen's Park

How can Barry make Clyde so shite with the squad assembled?

Gives the fans so much hope but a blind man cab see they will flop.

glad you mentioned that aspect Neilly.........you can tell just how much bigger a club Clyde are than the rest of us by the fact that they have squad number jerseys this season - none of this 1-11 pish, so only a matter of time obviously before they romp away with the title (February is the earliest expectation so far apparently)

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fucking hell, it's the typical Clyde way, if we have a shite game we are basically fucked for the season.

And if you win a game you're Champions Elect. You don't think there's maybe some form of group mental health disorder amongst a section of Clyde fans.

It's just a game. Three points won and good, continuing improvement from QP. Several good individual performances but the team, for the first time this year, looked much more like a unit. Great goals but the MoTM for me was Ralston - superb debut.

Young, ambitious players on the way up versus burnt out ex-fulltimers on the way down. Masterful strategy from an ever-increasingly desperate Ferguson. Play-offs for sure for Clyde. Brora will pump you. Still, at least you won't have to travel away for the 2017 Ne'erday Derby.

Yip, Ralston was excellent; an astute signing on yesterday's performance. We did toil a bit for the first 20 minutes or so, but gradually came into the game. Only one team in it in the second half and it really should have been three. Still, shouldn't be greedy. We look to be knitting together quite nicely.

It'll be interesting to see the starting eleven for the Dumbarton game on Tuesday. Bring it on

Fans from all over the country coming to congratulate Queen's. Cute. Do they do that every time QP win or is it just when they beat a big team?

The Seethe is strong in this one!

And so it came to pass that on the eighth day Barry’s naivety was betrayed by his team-selection and tactics.

On his knees at home that evening he beseeched God: “Wha’s like us?”.

And Gus MacPherson replied: “A fair few, and they’ll no’ make the play-offs”.

But enough of this droll, home-spun humour…

A sound general principle to analyse football matches with is this: treat the evidence of the first half-hour with suspicion. There is no reason why that principle ought not to apply here. And so, if one is a Clyde man, one has much to rue.

Another sound general principle to analyse football matches with is this: treat the evidence of a season-opener with suspicion. The midfield diamond tried by Clyde was a repeated ploy of course. It enjoyed some success last week, though in different circumstances (a smaller pitch, a more highly-charged match, a match partially against ten men - and a match which Clyde were lucky to win). A wiser manager would’ve anticipated the failure of its repetition.

If the good-ship Scott McLaughlin is to stay afloat in midfield it’ll need a tug or two alongside it. The old boy has finesse: a good touch, sight and range of passing. But he drags like a tractor. He and Sean Higgins are very similar players – the latter being the sprightlier. Asking one to hold and the other to drive is fair enough in principle. But, from a tactical point-of-view, leaves an important question unanswered: who’s the ball winner? Neither player is used to or suitable for that job. Their partnership is therefore one which ought not to be retried.

Steven Brisbane. Deary me: there isn’t even the ghost of a player there. And Scott Ferguson warms the bench in his stead!? Like his flipside, David Marsh, he watched the ball way too much. And as a result became drawn into the middle of the park. The inefficacy of McLaughlin and Higgins lets him off the hook a wee bit on that charge, but he still gets the jail.

I’m sure Marsh could do a job on the wing if there was an anchoring midfielder inside of him, keeping Clyde high up the pitch. There wasn’t yesterday though. And with a defender like Mitchell behind him, on as big a pitch as Broadwood is, Clyde’s right-hand-side will be, and was yesterday, a red-carpet. The only defence one could make of Mitchell is that, before selling each goal, he was looking for a safe pass that didn’t present itself. Of course, an experienced full-back would’ve tidied up in the same circumstances no bother.

Campbell and Gormley don’t complement each other at all well: they duplicate each other’s runs, they make the same kind of run, and neither player much-fancies coming deep between the lines to link play up. Not a conducive pairing. They conspired, along with the silence of Brisbane, to confine our attacks to one side of the pitch.

Sean Higgins is wasted where he is. He’d be a better partner for Campbell with Gormley down one flank and Ferguson down the other. We’d be more likely to see genuine width in those circumstances. Hugh Murray must play. Brisbane must not. Scott McLaughlin’s a player on the way out, in my view. Whether we can carry him in the middle of the pitch, well. I take leave to doubt it. Mark McLaughlin’s obviously preferable to Smith alongside Michael Bolochoweckyj. In fact I’d have MacQueen or Marsh in there before him, notwithstanding the transformation those two have underwent. Smith kicks and heads with the best. But his movement and use of the ball is very poor. Bolochoweckyj and Linton would be the only two to ‘pass’ yesterday, if it were a test.

A gracious word for QP: they worked the space between our midfield and defence really well. Especially so between their number ten and their number seven.

Roll on another sermon.

Fans from all over the country coming to congratulate Queen's. Cute. Do they do that every time QP win or is it just when they beat a big team?

When did QP beat a big team? You're Clyde fir fucks sake. Mediocre shit at best. Just like the rest of us.

This big team stuff is boring. These days are long gone my friend.

I'd be surprised if any referee would have given a yellow for that and quite rightly too. Deliberate hand ball is not necessarily a yellow card; he wasn't trying to score a goal, nor did he stop a Clyde player receiving possession of the ball. Indeed, the ball ended up out of play anyway.

I don't like refs dishing out yellow cards for minor things like that either but come on how many refs would let that go, they usually can't get their cards out their pockets quick enough.

thought had we scored in the first 20 min's we would have won the game but credit queens Park they grew into the game and we never looked like scoring thought they knocked the ball about well in second half we on the other hand completely lost our way and resorted to shelling the ball up.the park thought the game had 0 0 writen all over it two bad mistakes to good finishes

important that we bounce back next week at montrose and that we keep passing the ball thoughout the game and don't panic

we have a squad capable of challenging /winning the league

When did QP beat a big team? You're Clyde fir fucks sake. Mediocre shit at best. Just like the rest of us.

This big team stuff is boring. These days are long gone my friend.

The most comical thing about all this 'big' thing is that most of the guys, with one obvious exception, who bang on about it are all born in the mid90s. They've never known any better than mediocre shite. And no-one order 40 would be old enough to remember a day at Shawfield. East Fife and Arbroath were in and around the same league positions as Clyde back in the seventies but you guys have more dignity and maturity to deal with the real.

The most comical thing about all this 'big' thing is that most of the guys, with one obvious exception, who bang on about it are all born in the mid90s. They've never known any better than mediocre shite. And no-one order 40 would be old enough to remember a day at Shawfield. East Fife and Arbroath were in and around the same league positions as Clyde back in the seventies but you guys have more dignity and maturity to deal with the real.

You must be a bit thick not to realise when someone's taking the piss on this forum. Maybe if you, Hampden Cryhard and co didn't get absolutely foaming at the mouth every time a Clyde fans starts the "big team" patter it would fizzle out. :1eye

You must be a bit thick not to realise when someone's taking the piss on this forum. Maybe if you, Hampden Cryhard and co didn't get absolutely foaming at the mouth every time a Clyde fans starts the "big team" patter it would fizzle out. :1eye

I agree with this, I have no idea how they can keep reeling in the same folk with same patter season after season. It has to be the longest running wind up on this site.

Aye, beating Celtic and almost winning the First Division is "mediocre shite". Something QP have only dreamt of for the past 110 years.

not often I have to agree with you, but on this occasion I do........ nearly reaching the Premier League and knocking Celtic out the cup were fantastic achievements and deserve to be lauded..........likewise I do hope you'll have the good grace to acknowledge our day in the sun just a few years ago when we knocked Aberdeen out the League Cup (or are you going to use the "Aberdeen were mediocre shite" get-out clause?)

not often I have to agree with you, but on this occasion I do........ nearly reaching the Premier League and knocking Celtic out the cup were fantastic achievements and deserve to be lauded..........likewise I do hope you'll have the good grace to acknowledge our day in the sun just a few years ago when we knocked Aberdeen out the League Cup (or are you going to use the "Aberdeen were mediocre shite" get-out clause?)

Played their U19 team If I remember. Enjoy the reminisce

Steven Brisbane. Deary me: there isn’t even the ghost of a player there. And Scott Ferguson warms the bench in his stead!?

Yet Barry was quoted as saying Brisbane was a player with huge potential or some such pish so expect him to be a regular.

Archived