• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How did they decide who gets 'home advantage' for the Edinburgh city v cove ?

I understand it was "Top Trumps". Last card came down to stadiums. City played a 16,500 all-seater Commonwealth Arena. Cove hadn't a card, cried, went home.

Inverurie seem to have announced Cove will be using their ground for the playoffs, which makes the matches:

Saturday 23rd April

Cove Rangers v Edinburgh City (at Inverurie)

Saturday 30th April

Edinburgh City v Cove Rangers

Saturday 7th May

Cove / Edin City v East Stirlingshire

Saturday 14th May

East Stirlingshire v Cove / Edin City

well done to cove indeed,winning the league with no home ground what achievement.Shame to hear about John's dad that must have been a kick in the teeth after winning last nite.

Edinburgh City in particular would be a decent away day on the train for SPFL2 supporters.

Shame about the utter shitehole of a place to watch football they play in though!

It was by far the worst ground in the league when Meadowbank played there 25 years ago and I suspect it has not improved at all in the last quarter century. If people think Dumbarton and East Fife are bad grounds to go to they aint seen nothing yet.

...although if they hump Cove and the Shire they deserve their place in the league but its a bad bad ground to watch football in, although I remember once being more interested in the judo that we could see through the windows of the sports centre than the actual game.

I believe they are in line for a new ground, a year or two down the line

It is not a great place  to watch a game but I do enjoy the before and after

Is the city club still  open or have they moved to their new place? 

I believe they are in line for a new ground, a year or two down the line

It is not a great place to watch a game but I do enjoy the before and after

Is the city club still open or have they moved to their new place?

City Club is now shut. The new club is hopefully going to open on Saturday.

Are there any details on the planned new Edinburgh City ground? You'd at least assume that Edinburgh would be a difficult place to find decent land for a football ground at the moment; if they're going to be based out in the suburbs then decent transport links might be a minor annoyance for the away fans (see Spartans, where you have to get an additional bus/taxi because the city doesn't have a proper rail/underground links).

Are there any details on the planned new Edinburgh City ground? You'd at least assume that Edinburgh would be a difficult place to find decent land for a football ground at the moment; if they're going to be based out in the suburbs then decent transport links might be a minor annoyance for the away fans (see Spartans, where you have to get an additional bus/taxi because the city doesn't have a proper rail/underground links).

Think they're gonna be included in the new meadowbank refurb. 3G pitch and stand much closer to the park IIRC.

Think the ed city youth set up is based on the west of the city so if they could get land there ( tram and transport links are good) then they could tap into a new fanbase.

The architects who had done designs for meadowbank also did the Aberdeen sports village so expect something like this

http://www.reiachandhall.co.uk/Project/Leisure_Retail_Sport/sports_01.html

It could end up being worse then the existing stadium to watch a game considering you'll not be able to sit as high up and there will still be a running track.

I don't know why e-city and Leith aren't asking for the second 3g pitch to be developed into a sofa compliant stadium more in keeping for football

Depends how you define 'directors box'. Every team in the league has a stand with a sectioned off area for the board, but I think only Berwick have a 'box' as such, although that may simply be their hospitality suites at the back of the stand.

Archived