:lol:

Yes - I may have slightly fucked that up. I would hope most folk would know Montrose will indeed play their home games at Links Park ;)

Whether they go up or not! :lol:

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol:

Yes - I may have slightly fucked that up. I would hope most folk would know Montrose will indeed play their home games at Links Park ;)

Hopefully that's true Simon £££££

Interesting wording on this article on the Beeb - apologies if this has already come up and been addressed:

"The team finishing bottom will enter a play-off against a candidate club (the winner of a play-off between the Highland and Lowland League champions, or another eligible club nominated by the Scottish Football Association) for the final place in next season's League Two."

Is that correct? The SFA can pick a club to take on the Shire, if they feel so inclined?

This got everyone in a fluster at NonLeagueMattters last week. It's just some numpty at the BBC recycling last year's article.

Somewhere in the depths of the rulebook - I couldn't even find it myself and gave up looking - such a phrase does apparently appear.

It's almost certainly just a "catch-all" allowing for some unusual circumstance, like a champion going bust or getting found guilty of some misconduct.

It's clear they aren't going to be parachuting Spartans or Auchinleck Talbot into the playoffs.

Interesting wording on this article on the Beeb - apologies if this has already come up and been addressed:

"The team finishing bottom will enter a play-off against a candidate club (the winner of a play-off between the Highland and Lowland League champions, or another eligible club nominated by the Scottish Football Association) for the final place in next season's League Two."

Is that correct? The SFA can pick a club to take on the Shire, if they feel so inclined?

Think from a spfl perspective the rules merely state the play-off is club 42 vs sfa nominated club, how the sfa choose a club is up to them.

Sounds better than just declaring the whole thing a wash and leaving things as they are, I suppose.

Would be absolute carnage if it ever came to pass   :wacko:

I'm pretty sure it is stated somewhere else - again possibly the SPFL rulebook - that if the champion club isn't eligible then no-one else participates, so it is not a provision allowing them to nominate runners-up or whatever.

By the same token you have to be 'Entry' licensed to play in HL / LL, just like SPFL2, so the only reason a club could be in one but not the other would be to do with floodlights or some unusual ground technicality (like not having one).

I suspect whoever wrote the article in London or Salford has no idea how SPFL2/HL/LL works.

I think it leaves the door open to a third feeder being formed at some point down the road (junior "superduper" for example) and it refers only to participation in the playoffs to determine the opponent for club 42.

everyone seems to favour the highland league side to progress to play the shire, remember brora only just overcame Edinburgh city last year. just saying!!

Seen that Cove will be looking to ground share with one of the Angus clubs if they gain promotion to the SPFL.

Surely has to be Montrose or Forfar as they have 4G pitches. When Arbroath had the Dundee U20s team playing on our pitch it didnt cope too well with the extra games.

Wouldnt imagine Brechins would cope either.

Archived