Hibernian vs Greenock Morton

And still more Scottish Cups than Morton.

Naturally - while Morton are one of the most successful clubs in Scotland, Hibs are based in the capital city, with far more resources at hand than any provincial club.

So that being the case, how many Scottish Cups have you won in the vast, yawning historical period since the following events occcurred?

1) The sinking of the Titanic

2) The fall of the Habsburg, Russian, German and Ottoman Empires

3) The invention of radio transmission

4) Most significantly of all, the invention of the electric toaster

Answers on the back of a postcard (the cutting-edge technology of the day when Hibs last won the cup) to the usual address.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Naturally - while Morton are one of the most successful clubs in Scotland, Hibs are based in the capital city, with far more resources at hand than any provincial club.

So that being the case, how many Scottish Cups have you won in the vast, yawning historical period since the following events occcurred?

1) The sinking of the Titanic

2) The fall of the Habsburg, Russian, German and Ottoman Empires

3) The invention of radio transmission

4) Most significantly of all, the invention of the electric toaster

Answers on the back of a postcard (the cutting-edge technology of the day when Hibs last won the cup) to the usual address.

Absolute minter that you listed things that happened after 1902 but before your solitary major honour in 1922 ( :lol: ) which probably no Morton fan is alive to remember either.

Diddy fans obsessing over the mighty Hibernian is standard procedure on the Championship forum so I'll let you off.

Absolute minter that you listed things that happened after 1902 but before your solitary major honour in 1922 ( :lol: ) which probably no Morton fan is alive to remember either.

I'll presume from that blubbering mess of a response that Hibs have won the Scottish Cup precisely zero times in that vast period. Thanks for that. Looks like the bona-fide minter continues to be the 'celebration of Hibernian history' then.

I'll presume from that blubbering mess of a response that Hibs have won the Scottish Cup precisely zero times in that vast period. Thanks for that. Looks like the bona-fide minter continues to be the 'celebration of Hibernian history' then.

Either that or having over 55,000 (fifty-five thousand) posts on an internet forum :lol:

Either that or having over 55,000 (fifty-five thousand) posts on an internet forum :lol:

I've checked tbh and no, it's still the 'celebration' of your club's decades of hilarious, unparalleled failure, while you're languishing in the Championship for another season. Gutted for you.

Don't encourage him. Once he gets a hard-on he'll be humping your leg all night.

Sage posting advice there from the middle-aged man, currently banned from the Morton forum for being an utterly thick waste of bandwidth.

Too stupid for that Morton forum; just let that sink in.

Sage posting advice there from the middle-aged man, currently banned from the Morton forum for being an utterly thick waste of bandwidth.

Too stupid for that Morton forum; just let that sink in.

As far as I know that's not the case anymore.

But thanks for boring the other posters to death in our absence.

For any Hibs fans who never paid any attention to the lower leagues before relegation, one of the more amusing recentish goings on was Morton's spectacular three year long bottling of Bells Division Two; which included going from 12 points clear to fourth in half a season, a playoff defeat to Peterhead and a betting scandal.

f**k knows, Hibs have had an atrocious, mock-worthy time of things recently but "unparalleled failure" is a pretty bold choice of words here. :lol:

1 slightly lucky draw against Falkirk and a few folk think we're going to win. I think we're right up against it and I would be more than happy with a draw. Not sure we're good enough for that without a bit more luck.

I'm not sure our point was lucky mate, I actually thought we deserved it and were actually the better team for long spells of the game. I'm not saying we are a great football team but there is a lot of spirit in the team and sometimes that's what you need to get you through games and win you points, just like Saturday. I think you're right though, I reckon despite this and Saturdays result Hibs will be to strong for us.

f**k knows, Hibs have had an atrocious, mock-worthy time of things recently but "unparalleled failure" is a pretty bold choice of words here. :lol:

Well no, it's just the facts. Hibernian are the biggest laughing stock of all: from your 113 years of hilarious failure in the cups, to permanently living in the shadow of your city rivals - including a 5-1 destruction in a Scottish Cup Final. From losing 9-0 on aggregate and 7-0 at home to Malmo to being 2-0 up in the home leg of a play-off and bottling it, being relegated to the Championship; bottling that subsequent season and continuing in the same, rich vein of fail this time round.

Truly the gift that just keeps on giving to the rest of Scottish football.

Well no, it's just the facts. Hibernian are the biggest laughing stock of all: from your 113 years of hilarious failure in the cups, to permanently living in the shadow of your city rivals - including a 5-1 destruction in a Scottish Cup Final. From losing 9-0 on aggregate and 7-0 at home to Malmo to being 2-0 up in the home leg of a play-off and bottling it, being relegated to the Championship; bottling that subsequent season and continuing in the same, rich vein of fail this time round.

Truly the gift that just keeps on giving to the rest of Scottish football.

:lol:

I'm not sure our point was lucky mate, I actually thought we deserved it and were actually the better team for long spells of the game. I'm not saying we are a great football team but there is a lot of spirit in the team and sometimes that's what you need to get you through games and win you points, just like Saturday. I think you're right though, I reckon despite this and Saturdays result Hibs will be to strong for us.

For as well as we competed against Falkirk, we were a little bit lucky to hang onto the point in the end. Baird's 2 misses were spectacular - the match was in his hands twice. We relied on his poor finishing while creating very little of our own.

That being said, if we compete as well as that against Hibs and cut out the silly errors then we'll give them a real game. I more hope we will rather than expect though. There's a part of me that fears the worst.

Archived