Forfar athletic v Albion rovers

The new boys have had their opening day fun now time to put them back in their box and make it 2 wins out of 2 for ourselves

In all seriousness no idea what to expect from Albion but if we are going to do anything this year home form must be as good as last year .

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new boys have had their opening day fun now time to put them back in their box and make it 2 wins out of 2 for ourselves

In all seriousness no idea what to expect from Albion but if we are going to do anything this year home form must be as good as last year .

Added interest with the Young brothers up against each other.

Guest bernardblack

Not to sound cocky, but we really should be looking to win these types of games comfortably.

Early goal again and we'll easily put 3 or 4 past Albion

Not to sound cocky, but we really should be looking to win these types of games comfortably.

Behave! Albion are clearly no mugs , will be a tough game if we can carry over our home form from last season we should have enough to win.

Really? They have just pumped Ayr who were many people's favourites for the title

Added interest with the Young brothers up against each other.

Two Youngs, two Dunlops, a couple of Campbells and one of the Loves...this game is a right old family affair.

I was pleased to see Forfar have such a great season last year (like we did,) but their squad has weakened over the Summer (like ours has.) I expect to see them higher up the table than the Rovers in May, but in the early stages of the season we have every chance of getting something out of them. If we manage a result I'd be surprised, but I'm ten times more confident about this than I was a week ago.

Two Youngs, two Dunlops, a couple of Campbells and one of the Loves...this game is a right old family affair.

I was pleased to see Forfar have such a great season last year (like we did,) but their squad has weakened over the Summer (like ours has.) I expect to see them higher up the table than the Rovers in May, but in the early stages of the season we have every chance of getting something out of them. If we manage a result I'd be surprised, but I'm ten times more confident about this than I was a week ago.

The only player that has left that has weakened us is hilson . Everyone else has been replaced with better quality I feel. So this "Forfar are weakened " is garbage

By my reckoning Forfar have lost eight players and signed four, including Kevin "the broken tap" Nicoll: the squad is by all accounts weaker. But that will only make success this season even more remarkable than last.

By my reckoning Forfar have lost eight players and signed four, including Kevin "the broken tap" Nicoll: the squad is by all accounts weaker. But that will only make success this season even more remarkable than last.

You're right and wrong. Our defence is much stronger in my opinion, attack a bit weaker.

We have signed four from outwith the club but we have also signed up several of our under 20's development squad that won their league last season (and contributed handily in the run in and play offs last season) and a few are very decent prospects.

Archived