Aberdeen v Dundee

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think it's a case of Bain being 'fired up', think he's just a class act and that's his normal game.

Perhaps so. I'm just recalling that save from McGinn in the last minute of the Cup game last season, he fair enjoyed it. Could just be the in-game circumstances but the celebration seemed to have extra meaning given his rejection from the club. He is a great player mind.

wiggo.png

10-0 Dundee.

Between now and the match, Dundee will buy the whole Hearts champion-elect team and play them against the famous.

Elixir becomes that inflamed about losing all the Hearts players, that he becomes a Hibby.

True story.

Should be a great atmosphere as well.

Imagine Dundee will all but sell out their end and we should be out in numbers as well.

I have a cunting wedding so I'll miss it.

Would think it'll be at least 14,000, if not more.

A couple of decades sooking up to the Dons seems to have done the trick David. :lol:

Pittodrie is one of the better trips. It's certainly more accommodating than some Premiership grounds much nearer home.

To be fair I had a passion for the Dons losing when I lived up there - life was made easier by them only beating Dundee once at Pittodrie in the 13 years I had up North (the very first game of that period - boy we signed for a set of trackies scored (Gary Paterson) while Dunc Shearer notched the winner for them I think - in fact my bairn didn't see Aberdeen win at home at all during that period - that included 11 games against the Dee, some games his school took him to and a few other games we went to when Dundee weren't playing.

When we got relegated in 2005 my phone was going mental as I sat photographing fans crying from the touchline at Almondvale - all of the texts from my Dons supporting mates - ripping me about Dundee going down.

Soon as I moved back to Dundee that changed - happy to see them do well

Their was a cash gate last season so I'd expect it to be the same.

Double check this. Aberdeen no longer have cash gates for home fans. There was an away cash gate for the Killie game so expect there to be one for you also but best not be dissapointed considering this game could be a cracker.

Looking forward to the game, 2 teams who will go out looking for the win. Could come down to who is more clinical with their finishing. Works both ways, but we do create more if a team comes out and attacks us. I'll got 2-1 Dons. I expect both teams to score.

Not looking forward to this one, but hoping we can bring last season's form against the Sheep into this season.

But realistically, 2-1 Dons, McGinn (as he always does agains us) and Pawlett to continue to be a diving wee p***k for a pen, Sir Greg for us.

McGinn has hardly kicked a ball against us since he bizarrely and excitedly ran the Derry gauntlet after relegating us, the wee Celtic supporting weirdo. He only scored once against us last season but no doubt he'll score this Saturday after me saying this.

Would fellow Dundee fans be happy to see one of our players going to a match to support a rival mid-season complete with scarf? I fucking wouldn't.

McGinn has hardly kicked a ball against us since he bizarrely and excitedly ran the Derry gauntlet after relegating us, the wee Celtic supporting weirdo. He only scored once against us last season but no doubt he'll score this Saturday after me saying this.

Would fellow Dundee fans be happy to see one of our players going to a match to support a rival mid-season complete with scarf? I fucking wouldn't.

Si Ferry is at it constantly tbf.

If I was a pro footballer playing for a team like Killie I'd still go and see the Dee when I could.

Same here, I couldn't give a shite if one of my team went to watch our rivals. Lee Wilkie played for us against United with a Dundee United tattoo FFS.

Was amputation of offending limb not considered to get around this ?

Not looking forward to this one, but hoping we can bring last season's form against the Sheep into this season.

But realistically, 2-1 Dons, McGinn (as he always does against us) and Pawlett to continue to be a diving wee p***k for a pen, Sir Greg for us.

Pawlett will most likely miss it through injury.

Slightly nervous for this, think you'll give us a very tough game

The biggest culprit in that whole episode was his agent for posting it all on Twitter.

McGinn is a big Celtic fan, I can live with that although it makes me question his upbringing/mental state.

I do believe that despite being in attendance that night he will have wanted them to drop points, didn't feel like that at the time though!

Archived