Falkirk v Peterhead (Petrofac 2nd Round)

RC55 FFC

He wasn't a named substitute previously - he was named as Trialist. Does that have anything to do with him being eligible then? You can't name someone as a trialist who has already been named as a sub or player, but you can name a player who has already been in another squad as a trialist?

Doesn't make much sense, but this is the hierarchy of Scottish Football we're talking about here, not a lot does make sense with them.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rodgers

Sinnamon Watson Grant Leahy

Kerr

Vaulks Taiwo

Sibbs

Baird McHugh

Width from the full backs, Kerr sitting when we don't have the ball to give us a back three if we're getting hit on the counter, Vaulks and Taiwo going box to box, Sibbs in the middle where he can influence the game, Baird and McHugh able to run the channels to open up space in the middle for Sibbs/Vaulks/Taiwo to get into the box.

If Taiwo isn't fully fit I'd give Ryan Blair a shot, or Alston.

Baird broke his nose after five minutes on Saturday and is like Chee Chee the Panda. I would doubt he will play.

The club have checked direct with the SPFL that he is eligible to play

I know, I saw Houston's comments. That was lifted from the SPFL online rulebook though.

He wasn't a named substitute previously - he was named as Trialist. Does that have anything to do with him being eligible then? You can't name someone as a trialist who has already been named as a sub or player, but you can name a player who has already been in another squad as a trialist?

Doesn't make much sense, but this is the hierarchy of Scottish Football we're talking about here, not a lot does make sense with them.

It mentions trialist as well. Either they've changed the rules and haven't updated them online or he's not eligible tonight.

I know, I saw Houston's comments. That was lifted from the SPFL online rulebook though.

It mentions trialist as well. Either they've changed the rules and haven't updated them online or he's not eligible tonight.

I can't even be bothered typing out my thinking behind why it would work, it's too long winded and far fetched, even for the SPFL.

Think you might be looking at an out of date rulebook.

"No club shall play, or list as a named substitute, any Player or Trialist who, in the same Season, has already played in a Competition match by entering the field of play whether in the starting eleven or by being used as a substitute by another Club in the Competition"

As I suspected, looks like the SPFL have amended their rules in line with Scottish Cup rules, i.e. a player needs to actually take to the field to cup tie himself.

There may not have items called telephones on the shite side of the Forth but maybe just maybe Falkirk will have called the league to check?

There may not have items called telephones on the shite side of the Forth but maybe just maybe Falkirk will have called the league to check?

I've already said twice that I know the club checked with the SPFL...

Seems it was indeed an out of date rulebook I was reading. You will be allowed to play Lee Miller after all, although why you'd want to is another conversation.

Archived