Next Dundee United Manager

409 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It could've waited until he was back in Dundee, hauling him into a room at an opposition stadium to tell him hes been punted just minutes after the match is pretty poor behaviour, it was all over the radio by the time I got to my car after the game, which was parked minutes away.

Huh, your timing doesn't coincide with my recollection at all but that's by the by. Why is it poor form to tell a guy that he's sacked as soon as you decide to sack him?

It could've waited until he was back in Dundee, hauling him into a room at an opposition stadium to tell him hes been punted just minutes after the match is pretty poor behaviour, it was all over the radio by the time I got to my car after the game, which was parked minutes away.

It was during Off The Ball, about 20 minutes in. So must have been after half five.

Were you crawling?

Huh, your timing doesn't coincide with my recollection at all but that's by the by. Why is it poor form to tell a guy that he's sacked as soon as you decide to sack him?

Probably because (i) it smacks of an emotional decision; (ii) sacking someone in the full glare of the media doesn't strike me as classy.

Probably because (i) it smacks of an emotional decision; (ii) sacking someone in the full glare of the media doesn't strike me as classy.

You think it wasnt a premedicated decision and that he prepared the letter in the moments after the match and handed it to him?

Oh my

I can't see any merit in either of those points. (i) Thompson had clearly decided to give McNamara one last game to turn it around. Is that emotional? If it is, so what? (ii) Are you seriously suggesting that there's a way to sack a Premiership manager outside the glare of the media? Do you mean whilst Sportsound is on? That just seems rather arbitrary and a little silly.

Simpleton found.

Touched a nerve there chum? Never mind, I realise that it must be difficult for you as a supporter of the wee Dundee team, and I'm sure your fellow supporters will turn out in numbers when you're relegated.

Meanwhile;

post-4683-0-89462200-1402415014.jpg

I can't see any merit in either of those points. (i) Thompson had clearly decided to give McNamara one last game to turn it around. Is that emotional? If it is, so what? (ii) Are you seriously suggesting that there's a way to sack a Premiership manager outside the glare of the media? Do you mean whilst Sportsound is on? That just seems rather arbitrary and a little silly.

Fair enough. I thought it was pretty funny, given that it was Jackie.

I just thought even he would have been treated with more respect. I know if I was picking up my jotters after helping reduce the club's debt I'd appreciate my boss doing it quietly, without the suspicion of a knee-jerk reaction. But maybe I don't know enough about the situation; or maybe that's the way United do their business nowadays.

Bottom line is I'm glad we don't have your chairman.

Touched a nerve there chum? Never mind, I realise that it must be difficult for you as a supporter of the wee Dundee team, and I'm sure your fellow supporters will turn out in numbers when you're relegated.

Meanwhile;

post-4683-0-89462200-1402415014.jpg

how many times Dundee been relegated and went into administration :). United will still finish above Dundee only 10 points. Yes United are shite but once new manager in things will change !!!

I just thought he'd have been treated with more respect. I know if I was picking up my jotters after helping reduce the club's debt I'd appreciate my boss doing it quietly, without the suspicion of a knee-jerk reaction. But maybe I don'tt know enough about the situation or maybe that's the way United to their business nowadays.

I'm a big fan of treating people with respect, but I can't make any sense of this drivel.

I just thought even he would have been treated with more respect. I know if I was picking up my jotters after helping reduce the club's debt I'd appreciate my boss doing it quietly, without the suspicion of a knee-jerk reaction. But maybe I don't know enough about the situation; or maybe that's the way United do their business nowadays.

Please explain how this was a knee jerk decision.

Be very specific.

Archived