Next Dundee United Manager

409 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Or Hughes or O'Neill or any number of other candidates who are employed or it might not mean that the preferred candidate is employed at all and you are reading something into nothing at all because you etc ..

Its simply ecause Wright is by far the favourite at this precise moment.

A fair points been made on WAP, about TW being there when Thompson decided to tell McNamara he was sacked while in a cloak room at McDiarmid, and how that sort of action from a chairman compared to our the way our own treats manager could have a bearing on things. Its an interesting point.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A fair points been made on WAP, about TW being there when Thompson decided to tell McNamara he was sacked while in a cloak room at McDiarmid, and how that sort of action from a chairman compared to our the way our own treats manager could have a bearing on things. Its an interesting point.

I disagree.

It's not really. I heard something similar being spewed by Miller and Preston yesterday on Sportsound and it doesn't strike me as a fair point at all. There's no nice way to sack someone but McNamara was given the courtesy of being the first to know and being told personally. The fact that it happened to be in Perth rather than Dundee or St Andrews is neither here nor there as far as I can see. Would it genuinely have been better to leave him on tenterhooks until Monday morning, not knowing whether he was being kept on for another week or not? I can't see how that would be preferable.

Mixu is the favourite. He's still odds on with Mcbookie.

It's not really. I heard something similar being spewed by Miller and Preston yesterday on Sportsound and it doesn't strike me as a fair point at all. There's no nice way to sack someone but McNamara was given the courtesy of being the first to know and being told personally. The fact that it happened to be in Perth rather than Dundee or St Andrews is neither here nor there as far as I can see. Would it genuinely have been better to leave him on tenterhooks until Monday morning, not knowing whether he was being kept on for another week or not? I can't see how that would be preferable.

It could've waited until he was back in Dundee, hauling him into a room at an opposition stadium to tell him hes been punted just minutes after the match is pretty poor behaviour, it was all over the radio by the time I got to my car after the game, which was parked minutes away.

I found it quite disgusting in all honesty, didn't even get the chance to speak to his team, and for Thompson to have carried the letter all day knowing what his plan was is even worse.

I found it quite disgusting in all honesty, didn't even get the chance to speak to his team, and for Thompson to have carried the letter all day knowing what his plan was is even worse.

Thompson probably ate an extra child that day to make sure they lost. Horrible man.

I don't understand why you farmers are getting so excited about this. United have already talked to a number of candidates - Wright may or may not be another one. We might not want him, he might not want us. Its not a stick on at the moment.

Not all of us are getting excited.

I'd rather he left than we eventually sacked him. And if he's going to leave, where better than United, where we can bitterly enjoy his inevitable failure?

Exactly this.

The moment ST tells Jackie, immediately after the game, that they need to talk, they both know what is happening - dragging it out is pointless.

Archived