Next Dundee United Manager

409 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How does compensation work when a manager resigns and then goes to another job soon after?

I'd be amazed if he resigned from us to take the United job tbh. I can see him swapping jobs, but he wont take a risk like that.

harry94, on 05 Oct 2015 - 08:00, said:

How does compensation work when a manager resigns and then goes to another job soon after?

The manager would get sued you'd imagine and it'd be a whole, messy affair.

Was that not basically what Hartley done when he left Alloa? I didn't really pay much attention.

If I'm being honest here, I can see a compensation package being agreed in the coming days, it's just wether Wright feels he can work with a group of players with no morale fibre and a lack of respect for the fans and club.

RandomGuy., on 05 Oct 2015 - 08:01, said:

I'd be amazed if he resigned from us to take the United job tbh. I can see him swapping jobs, but he wont take a risk like that.

RandomGuy., on 28 Sept 2015 - 22:00, said:

Not really, as theres absolutely no chance of it happening, its just annoying that instead of praising him for a tremendous week we end hearing about how bigger United apparently are than us all over the media

What a difference a week makes.

mizfit, on 05 Oct 2015 - 08:04, said:

Was that not basically what Hartley done when he left Alloa? I didn't really pay much attention.

If I'm being honest here, I can see a compensation package being agreed in the coming days, it's just wether Wright feels he can work with a group of players with no morale fibre and a lack of respect for the fans and club.

Link.

It was alleged but was dismissed by all involved and Alloa didn't seem to mind much either.

In that week TWs admitted he'd find the job appealing. So its not a great surprise I've changed my mind is it?

Remarkable you'd use the phrase 'absolutely no chance' even only on the basis of not knowing Tommy's thoughts. We're enjoying your climb down from pomposity, though.

I still can't see it happening, mind...

He resigned a few weeks before the Dundee job become vacant and although there was the obvious speculation that the move was premeditated, I highly doubt it was because Hartley was on radio talking about how we wouldn't win the league and had a shite team. I think there was some sort of legal action Alloa could have taken but they didn't bother since they thought all parties acted in good faith.

I'd really like to see something play out because I'm curious to see what tells the manager that they can't do that. It isn't like signing an under 23 player when you can have a tribunal so it could get very odd.

For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure Tommy Wright won't go.

harry94, on 05 Oct 2015 - 08:20, said:harry94, on 05 Oct 2015 - 08:20, said:

I'd really like to see something play out because I'm curious to see what tells the manager that they can't do that. It isn't like signing an under 23 player when you can have a tribunal so it could get very odd.

For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure Tommy Wright won't go.

The company (Club) would have loss of earnings and feel they have been left in a lurch and understaffed and quitting on a legal contract to join another team. Think the club would be in a strong position, but then I'm no legal expert.

I blame the BBC for this. Even when we do get any recognition it's now turned into a media circus with speculation surrounding our manager and United, who recently knocked Barcelona and Munchengladbach out of the Eufa cup competition. They're almost as good to watch as Celtic were when they recently won the European Cup. Good luck to United in the final v Gothenburg. Still remember where I was just a few years ago when they won the league.

I blame the BBC for this. Even when we do get any recognition it's now turned into a media circus with speculation surrounding our manager and United, who recently knocked Barcelona and Munchengladbach out of the Eufa cup competition. They're almost as good to watch as Celtic were when they recently won the European Cup. Good luck to United in the final v Gothenburg. Still remember where I was just a few years ago when they won the league.

:lol::lol:

'Absolutely no chance'.

Remarkable you'd use the phrase 'absolutely no chance' even only on the basis of not knowing Tommy's thoughts. We're enjoying your climb down from pomposity, though.

I still can't see it happening, mind...

Have you never read my posts before or something?

Welcome to what it's like not being a diddy team.

Archived