Next Dundee United Manager

409 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Obviously I'd have preferred Wright - the guy's a top manager.

However, your moods have been swinging violently this week! Shittin it....Huge confidence....Shittin it....Huge confidence....! :lol:

Out of interest, how many managers have Dundee Utd had in say the last ten years ?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The illustrious names of managers who have brought differing levels of success to the club are

Steve Paterson (left for Aberdeen before turning out to be a raging alky)

To be fair Paterson was already a raging alky at ICT we just didn't care because we were doing pretty well on the park.

Why do clubs keep going for Inverness managers? They've had 7 managers in their history (Brewster twice) and it could be argued that 5 of those have been successful at the club.

There's obviously something unique to Inverness, and managing them that allows even the most average of managers to succeed there, that doesn't translate into the rest of the world. It says it all that no manager has left Inverness and went on to have a successful career, so i can't understand why clubs continue to clamor for their managers time and time again.

Seriously, that is a very good question.

Why do clubs keep going for Inverness managers? They've had 7 managers in their history (Brewster twice) and it could be argued that 5 of those have been successful at the club.

The illustrious names of managers who have brought differing levels of success to the club are

Steve Paterson (left for Aberdeen before turning out to be a raging alky)

John Robertson (left for Hearts before being forced into making a career as a shite pundit)

Craig Brewster (left for Dundee Utd before shuttling back to ICT after 18 months of failure)

Terry Buther (left for Hibs, got them relegated, went to Newport, got sacked almost straight away)

John Hughes (favourite for Dundee Utd job after failing at Hartlepool and being average at Falkirk)

There's obviously something unique to Inverness, and managing them that allows even the most average of managers to succeed there, that doesn't translate into the rest of the world. It says it all that no manager has left Inverness and went on to have a successful career, so i can't understand why clubs continue to clamor for their managers time and time again.

I think this is the third time this post has been made by a different person in this thread

Hughes would be daft to leave Inverness just now. The problem he has on his CV is inconsistency and the inability to stay with any club for any period of time since Falkirk. Good first spell at Hibs, quickly fell apart and sacked. Joins Livi, fecks off to Harlepool a few months later, sacked a year later. Took over a thriving Caley side, kept the momentum up and managed their best ever season. Struggled at the beginning of this season but seems to be turning things around. Get another successful season or two under his belt and he'll start looking like a viable candidate for decent club with a big budget and salary. Leave now for Dundee Utd with their mad chairman and he probably won't last the year and will be unemployable, bit like Butcher.

Hughes would be daft to leave Inverness just now. The problem he has on his CV is inconsistency and the inability to stay with any club for any period of time since Falkirk. Good first spell at Hibs, quickly fell apart and sacked. Joins Livi, fecks off to Harlepool a few months later, sacked a year later. Took over a thriving Caley side, kept the momentum up and managed their best ever season. Struggled at the beginning of this season but seems to be turning things around. Get another successful season or two under his belt and he'll start looking like a viable candidate for decent club with a big budget and salary. Leave now for Dundee Utd with their mad chairman and he probably won't last the year and will be unemployable, bit like Butcher.

He's already decided to leave. 100%.

Inverness have "officially" given permission as of this afternoon for Dundee Utd to speak with Yogi. Like I said, he will be manager tomorrow. I would have said Tuesday for press reasons but unless Strachan quits tonight nobody will give a f**k about the Scotland match tomorrow.

Hughes to be appointed in the next couple of hours.

No idea what the hold up is. United want him he's informed he wants to go. Training begins again tomorrow.

How do you mean? Or is this just a pop at a random poster sharing info he's heard on a football forum?

So sorry, I totally misunderstood you. Thought you were claiming to be passing on solid information from a reliable source.

bambinos brilliant

• Say somethings a fact
  • Say he cant reveal anything more about it as his informers would stop telling him things
  • Fact doesnt happen
  • Claim he wasnt saying it was a fact and somethings gone wrong

Its Tommy Wright, he'll sign on Wednesday on £7k a week, press conference at 12:30 and they'll have hobnobs and water for the journalists. Can't reveal what deodorant they'll be wearing or my sources will stop telling me things though.

Mixu, I can't reveal my source.

He could be right, back to second favourite: http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/dundee-utd/next-permanent-manager

I can however say for sure that Cathro will be the next manager of Dundee United, if only so the cnut will stop phoning me up and telling me. OK Ian, I get it, you've worked with great managers and it doesn't matter that you haven't managed a boys brigade side before, I know. Fucking leave me alone. Did I say that out loud?

Archived