Alloa v Elgin

BigMartyn86

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1-0 Elgin :lol:

Edit: apparently this would have been Elgin's first penalty shoot-out as a league club, oddly enough. Don't think that's something they need to worry about now.

This is revenge for Stevie May's antics the day Alloa won the third division

Haw, he doesn't even play for us anymore!

Hmm...May and Chopra...make a phone call, Mike...

That's not going to go down well. Seems like a lot of folk are hoping to get some stability. Also puts into question DL's claim that he'd be taking the Petrofac seriously.

I've sort of defended the club with the high pricing in the past, but this is a really weird one. Surely won't be a great crowd as a result. I know that clubs sometimes have their hands tied over prices; maybe someone less ignorant can explain if that's the case here.

The 2 clubs have to agree the price with the money being shared.

2-0 to the Elgin. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. Enjoy your new extension on the house, Moz :P

Looks like we've picked up six yellows too, while Elgin only have two. Not a good sign at all.

The possession/shots/corners stats evened out a lot by the end of the game as well, which probably means they were well on top in extra time. Get the impression they must've figured they'd let us punch ourselves out.

Well played, and all the best for the rest of the season. It must be nice not to be the whipping boys anymore :P

The 2 clubs have to agree the price with the money being shared.

I had the feeling that something like that was in effect. I really, really doubt that Elgin were pushing us to keep the prices high :(

I don't think the clubs actually have to agree, is it not ultimately the home club's call? Unless perhaps they want to drastically reduce the price. Mike Mulraney said on twitter that all prices were set pre-season which would suggest we made this call without seeking any agreement from Elgin. It was very obviously way too much and perhaps a wee lesson for the club, the worst crowd I can recall at Alloa.

As one of the fans who was hoping for a settled line up seeing 8 changes was a disappointment. Perhaps the management aren't overly bothered with this cup but I fear this was a missed chance to take another step towards a settled line up and get a morale boosting victory. Hopefully I will be proved wrong by a barnstorming Wasps win at Raith on Saturday.

Well done Elgin and good luck in the next round.

Archived