2016 Holiday/Travel Plans

Mitch

I'm pretty jealous of this talk about Italy. We were supposed to go to Venice the weekend before last but I've had a throat infection for a fortnight and had to cancel it. Really pissed off.

Next year maybe.

I'd imagine the last time you went to Italy you were in a tank.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not all trains. The Intercity ones are good, but you pay a lot extra. If you're travelling shorter distances you're often in a grimy, slow shoebox subject to breakdowns and delays.

So, pretty much the same as most of Western Europe really.

Yep, some of the worst trains I have ever travelled on have been in Italy, old box carts that are relics from the sixties.

Renfe trains in Spain for long distances was by far my favourite way to travel in Europe, never had any complaints.

Yep, some of the worst trains I have ever travelled on have been in Italy, old box carts that are relics from the sixties.

Renfe trains in Spain for long distances was by far my favourite way to travel in Europe, never had any complaints.

Found it a bit confusing in Spain knowing what train you can travel on with your ticket, they seem to have 3 or 4 prices depending on what type of train, and it wasn't clear on the ticket machine.

Dubai on Tuesday for 3 days then 11 in Thailand. Have to say I'm a bit worried about Thailand after that family got felled, as I've got that type of face you just want to keep hitting (apparently)

12 days in Singapore were superb, I ended up in Scotland for a week beforehand and will likely be back in Scotland again this month so racking up a few air miles this year.

Dubai on Tuesday for 3 days then 11 in Thailand. Have to say I'm a bit worried about Thailand after that family got felled, as I've got that type of face you just want to keep hitting (apparently)

We were in that area last year and the people were spot on.

That family were definitely in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Just back from honeymoon in Venice stunning place can't move from japs though. Also looking at the family holiday of Malta in October, comes highly recommended from a friend of hers who's goes often then a friend of mine says its shite 😕

Just back from honeymoon in Venice stunning place can't move from japs though. Also looking at the family holiday of Malta in October, comes highly recommended from a friend of hers who's goes often then a friend of mine says its shite 😕

It's shite.

Anyone had any luck finding last minute holidays around the October holidays before? 

Got time off work and fancy a bit of time in the sun, but won't have the cash to book something till the end of September.

Fancy an all-inclusive in the med somewhere, preferably lively-ish

Anyone had any luck finding last minute holidays around the October holidays before?

Got time off work and fancy a bit of time in the sun, but won't have the cash to book something till the end of September.

Most lively places will have started to shut down come October. Try and go early October if you can.

Watch the baddies don't get you.

Now flying home from Dubrovnik at the end of our little Balkans tour so another city to visit.

Budapest - Bratislava - Vienna - Belgrade - Sarajevo - Podgorica (maybe) - Kotor - Dubrovnik

Can't wait.  Some amazing looking cities, 6 new countries to tick off my list and it'll be scorching :)

Archived