2016 Holiday/Travel Plans

Mitch

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm away to Zante on Sunday. First time I've been away without my mum and dad (excluding T in the Park and school trips), so I'm a mixture of shitting myself and excitement. I can't wait for it, but none of us really have a clue as to what it'll be like.

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

I'm away to Zante on Sunday. First time I've been away without my mum and dad (excluding T in the Park and school trips), so I'm a mixture of shitting myself and excitement. I can't wait for it, but none of us really have a clue as to what it'll be like.

Cheap, so Cheap. 

Thats basically it from my memory. 

Condoms

Driving to a rented Chalet in Chamonix two weeks today.

Getting the ferry from Hull to Zeebrugge then driving to EuroDisney for a couple of days first and on the way back we are having a couple of nights at the fantastically named Nigloland theme park before getting the ferry back to Hull.

How holidays change after you knock the bird up.

On 8/18/2016 at 20:37, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Driving to a rented Chalet in Chamonix two weeks today.

Getting the ferry from Hull to Zeebrugge then driving to EuroDisney for a couple of days first and on the way back we are having a couple of nights at the fantastically named Nigloland theme park before getting the ferry back to Hull.

How holidays change after you knock the bird up.

Visited Chamonix last year.  Lovely wee town.  Got the cable car up the mountain which was incredible.  Plenty wee places to eat on the street serving good beers as well.

4 hours ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Aye, didn't think I'd need the full week. How much money do you reckon I'll need? Think we're getting the ferry to Hvar for a day but nothing else planned so far.

Its about £1.50 a pint and eating out will cost about £15-20 (a head)for a decent meal with wine/beers.obviously you can get cheaper but around the harbour is really nice.so maybe you can work out a budget if you need to from that

Yeah, what he said. The old town round the palace is great with some really nice wee places hidden away in there so definitely try to explore all of that. Can climb up the tower in the middle for a decent view while there's an even better one atop the hill that overlooks the city. Big viewing platform there. We went up it steaming at 5 in the morning (don't recommend that

In Poland right now.  Flew into Wroclaw for a couple of days and have moved up to Poznan for a wedding this Friday.  

As luck would have it Slask Wroclaw were playing Friday night but think burd would have been pissed off if I buggered off to match three hours after landing.  

Lech Poznan are playing same time as the wedding.  

And to ad insult to injury Wizzair changed the flight back from Monday to the saturday meaning not only do we miss out on  Rammstein gig but have also paid for two extra days parking that cannot be refunded.

Exhale......

Visited Chamonix last year.  Lovely wee town.  Got the cable car up the mountain which was incredible.  Plenty wee places to eat on the street serving good beers as well.

Aye, went in 2013. Good wee town, if a little expensive. But it's okay because I'm Robert Skidmarks and I can afford it. #Chamondece

On 8/22/2016 at 13:17, The Minertaur said:

I remember the speciality dish of the town as being lettuce and chips, with whatever meat thrown in, like a pork or lamb chop. Very tasty it was too. Might have been conned by the cafe owner though.

6 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I remember the speciality dish of the town as being lettuce and chips, with whatever meat thrown in, like a pork or lamb chop. Very tasty it was too. Might have been conned by the cafe owner though.

Sounds a bit like kapuska......with chips!

http://www.turkeysforlife.com/2015/11/turkish-cabbage-stew-kapuska.html

7 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I didn't have that but sounds decent!  Think I just had a burger and a croque monsieur while up the mountain.  Stunning place.  Couple of photos from the cafe/town below.  

Chamonix.jpg

Chamonix2.jpg

Heading to Croatia 2 weeks tomorrow. Spending 5 nights in Dubrovnik before moving onto Split for 4 nights. Planning on taking day trips to Kotor Bay and Mostar when I'm in Dubrovnik and a trip over to Hvar once I'm in Split. Staying in hostels for the first time.

Any other recommendations would be welcome.

Having a night in Barcelona and the best part of two days on my trip to Spain in a couple weeks - can anyone recommend a decent hotel at around £100 for the night? Somewhere near the city centre/easily accessible from the Camp Nou.

Archived