2016 Holiday/Travel Plans

Mitch

Easyjet Holidays are doing £45 off for Winter 2016 holidays 5 nights or over. Just booked 5 nights on the Algarve in an apartment with sea view for £118 from Gatwick in November, so another £60 to connect from Inverness. Don't usually go for resort towns (Albufeira), but there's a bus and train to Faro if I get bored.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ice lolly are doing some spa retreat in Montenegro half price, it looks quite good and if it's half as good as Dubrovnik, it will be a belter of a week away.

Then I looked further, you have to call, fly down to London.... I think they are at it.

Ice lolly are doing some spa retreat in Montenegro half price, it looks quite good and if it's half as good as Dubrovnik, it will be a belter of a week away.

Then I looked further, you have to call, fly down to London.... I think they are at it.

Budva is stunning

I'm thinking of going to Turkey in May. Thomson have some great all inclusive bargains in 5 star hotels.

A few questions on Antalya - Lara Bech, Belek, Side etc.

Are the beaches private or do they have promenades?

What are the towns like, especially bars and restaurants?

Can you recommend any trips or excursions other than Ephesus or Pamukkale?

I'm thinking of going to Turkey in May. Thomson have some great all inclusive bargains in 5 star hotels.

Wear a bullet proof vest.

The majority of the beaches are private. There is a small promenade in side and one in Lara( miles away from the hotels).

What kind of stuff are you looking to do? The green canyon trip is good and it gets you away from the beach and the pool for the day.

Currently in Antalya and no issues with safety or anything like that.

I'm going to Side a week today. Was there last year but my gf broke her ankle the first night so only really got out and about for one day. What I seen of the place (Old Town) it was beautiful, very chilled out and pretty cheap, impressed me enough to book up again.

Hoping this trip goes better than the last.

I'm doing Budapest again this Summer in conjunction wth the County pre season tour. I seen most of the main attractions last year, so I'm hoping to see a bit more of Hungary this time around and maybe fit in a day trip to Bratislava.

I've got two days in Budapest. What's the essentials to see?

I'm going to Side a week today. Was there last year but my gf broke her ankle the first night so only really got out and about for one day. What I seen of the place (Old Town) it was beautiful, very chilled out and pretty cheap, impressed me enough to book up again.

Hoping this trip goes better than the last.

The old town is very nice, well worth a walk to catch the sunset at the temple of Apollo.

The old town is very nice, well worth a walk to catch the sunset at the temple of Apollo.

Cracking boozer just next to the temple. Apollonik, that is where the majority of my only day there was spent, lovely spot to enjoy a few beers.

Is Turkey getting cheap with all the to do in Syria, the Kurds, IS and what not?

Not really.

The tension between Turkey and Russia has seen a drastic fall in Russian visitors( thank goodness IMO). Bookings are definitely down but the Turks are targeting new markets such as Ukrainians, Bulgarians and Arabic nations. Some hoteliers are even increasing rates to cover costs.

I'm doing Budapest again this Summer in conjunction wth the County pre season tour. I seen most of the main attractions last year, so I'm hoping to see a bit more of Hungary this time around and maybe fit in a day trip to Bratislava.

Visit Lake Balaton, a few hours from Budapest by train.

Szentendre (St Andrews) - 30 minutes on the HEV from Budapest.

Further out: Esztergom, Eger, around Balaton as mentioned before and around Sopron.

Not really.

The tension between Turkey and Russia has seen a drastic fall in Russian visitors( thank goodness IMO). Bookings are definitely down but the Turks are targeting new markets such as Ukrainians, Bulgarians and Arabic nations. Some hoteliers are even increasing rates to cover costs.

British bookings to Turkey are reportedly down by 40%. Spain is up by 30%. There are some great Turkish deals on offer.

I got a pretty good deal for a week in Side.

A week all inclusive for £220 a head, its a pretty basic hotel but as long as breakfast is edible we will be out every day for dinner and I will no doubt drink the price of the holiday in the hotel bar no problem.

I made a fleeting visit to Bratislava last year. Absolute shithole, I wouldn't recommend it in the slightest. Not even cheap compared to other Eastern-European places. 

Archived