2015/16 FA Cup

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Hartlepool having been on tv a couple of times I couldn't help but pick up on the big diddy they have up front, Mikael Mandron. My chuckling when discovering he was on loan from Sunderland rapidly turned to despair when I found out he was, although French, a Scotland Under-20 player, If this is what's coming through the ranks then we really do have a nightmare future ahead of us.

With Hartlepool having been on tv a couple of times I couldn't help but pick up on the big diddy they have up front, Mikael Mandron. My chuckling when discovering he was on loan from Sunderland rapidly turned to despair when I found out he was, although French, a Scotland Under-20 player, If this is what's coming through the ranks then we really do have a nightmare future ahead of us.

Just scored against the mighty Salford so he can't be all that bad.

Just scored against the mighty Salford so he can't be all that bad.

He took it well it must be said! Perhaps the substitutes side footer from 6 yards against the non-league team could be the turning point of his career...

He took it well it must be said! Perhaps the substitutes side footer from 6 yards against the non-league team could be the turning point of his career...

There was rumours of us wanting him on loan in August. I watched him against Leyton Orient and he was hopeless.

Few other Thistle rejects in there tonight. Jake Carroll, Carl Magnay, even other Scottish jobbers like Kal Naismith and Kudus Oyenuga are at Hartlepool. Once you take away all the hype because it is English foktball and look at it plain sight there are a lot of bad teams at that level.

There was rumours of us wanting him on loan in August. I watched him against Leyton Orient and he was hopeless.

Few other Thistle rejects in there tonight. Jake Carroll, Carl Magnay, even other Scottish jobbers like Kal Naismith and Kudus Oyenuga are at Hartlepool. Once you take away all the hype because it is English foktball and look at it plain sight there are a lot of bad teams at that level.

We will have no bad mouthing of Carl Magnay, he was brilliant at Grimsby last season.

When did he play for Thistle? His wiki page doesn't mention him playing in Scotland at all.

• 4 weeks later...

Liverpool's fit first team squad is currently this:

2. Clyne

3. Enrique

7. Milner

9. Benteke

11. Firmino

18. Moreno

20. Lallana

21. Lucas

22. Mignolet

23. Can

24. Allen

26. Ilori

32. Brannagan

34. Bogdan

44. Smith

They play Arsenal in a few days. Klopp has said they're playing too many games to train properly in between. I can't see there being a lot of first team players playing tonight.

Is it expected to be an inexperienced side Rab? Liverpool's price is pretty generous.

Very very inexperienced side. This is what TIA is predicting, was also the line up read out on TalkSport this morning.

post-14721-14522647200972_thumb.jpg

Fwiw Arbroath beat Exeter in pre season... They were way more physical than us, bigger stronger and faster team, but didn't look that much better technically... Probably comparable to a Championship side up here. After checking the predicted line up for them tonight the majority that played against us will be involved.

I know it was only pre season and there were subs galore but Liverpool should still manage to win this pretty comfortably.

Is it expected to be an inexperienced side Rab? Liverpool's price is pretty generous.

Yes it is likely to be. Lovren, Coutinho, Toure, Ibe and Benteke all added to the pretty long injury list on Tuesday so there's not many left to choose from.

Expecting the likes of Bogdan and Jose Enrique to start and a number of U21s. It's got banana skin written all over it.

Very very inexperienced side. This is what TIA is predicting, was also the line up read out on TalkSport this morning.

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1452264718.142141.jpg

Fwiw Arbroath beat Exeter in pre season... They were way more physical than us, bigger stronger and faster team, but didn't look that much better technically... Probably comparable to a Championship side up here. After checking the predicted line up for them tonight the majority that played against us will be involved.

I know it was only pre season and there were subs galore but Liverpool should still manage to win this pretty comfortably.

I don't think the starting XI will be too far away from that Lichtie. A number of players recently called back from loan Ojo (Wolves), Kent (Coventry) and Llori (Aston Villa).

You've reminded me I was at their friendly with East Fife in pre-season they brought a few fans up with them.

Archived