2015/16 FA Cup

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why?

A yellow for a goal celebration is just unnecessary and stupid. Lingard now has to be careful, especially if he's in a 50/50 challenge in the box. On the other hand, Clattenberg would probably bottle a second yellow for a dive.

Pardew deserves every last bit of lingering pain and disappointment for that stupid wee dance he did at 1-0. Self-indulgent mug.

totally agree!

the guy is one of the most unlikeable in the game

I used to hate seeing Man U win trophies, but to be fair it has been a while for them now, and I am glad for LvG as if he lost this final his p45 would have been in the post first thing Monday morning.

totally agree!

I used to hate seeing Man U win trophies, but to be fair it has been a while for them now, and I am glad for LvG as if he lost this final his p45 would have been in the post first thing Monday morning.

Three whole years. Happy for their long suffering fans

totally agree!

The BBC says that Mourinho is replacing LVG - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36351371.

"The club plan to announce his arrival early next week after telling Van Gaal, 64, his reign has come to an end."

Quarter final replays have been scrapped starting from next season - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36393608

Daft idea that'll make little difference to the fixture congestion but will be a huge difference to a smaller team who might make it that far and are now denied the gate and TV money that goes with a replay.

The prize money these days makes up for any loss of income from replays. I'd scrap all replays. Can't be arsed seeing teams celebrating a draw. I feel that replays give an extra advantage to the bigger teams as the smaller clubs are unlikely to be able to raise their game to the required level twice. Obviously there are exceptions such as Hereford v Newcastle.

I absolutely hate the often-proposed idea of playing games midweek though.

Part of the fun is going to new grounds and giving teams the chance to take thousands of fans to big stadia they'd never normally have the chance of visiting.

With ticket prices generally lower the matches give a great chance to take youngsters to their first game. It's much less appealing if it's on a school night.

Scrapping replays in FA Cup QFs makes no difference to scheduling, winter breaks or anything else. Only been 13 such ties since the millennium, and only a portion of those have involved clubs in Europe (indeed some have involved only lower-league clubs).

What it will do is open the door to what the Premiership and bigger Championship clubs want and have started trying to achieve namely scrapping all replays, playing all ties in midweek, seeding etc. etc.

Archived